Check Out Our “Fantastic FEELINGS: Crimes Of Grindelwald” Webcast!
The latest film in Rowling’s Wizarding World franchise, Fantastic Beasts and the Crimes of Grindelwald, has led to people having a lot of opinions. We at The Geekiary decided to do the Fantastic FEELINGS: Crimes of Grindelwald webcast so we can go over all the issues we saw in the film.
The Fantastic FEELINGS: Crimes of Grindelwald webcast contains MAJOR SPOILERS. You have been warned!
You all should consider reading the Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald review Tara wrote. She shares many opinions we had regarding this movie. Also, considering the box office, it does seem not everyone was happy with what Rowling decided to bring to the table through the Fantastic Beasts sequel.
Here’s the Fantastic FEELINGS: Crimes of Grindelwald webcast!
The things Tara, Erin, Bekah, and I went over include:
- Rowling more or less doing a ‘No Homo’ by introducing the Blood Pact between Grindelwald and Dumbledore.
- Also, how does the Blood Pact even work?
- Why does Rowling continue making Dumbledore an example of the ‘sad gay trope’ on the big screen?
- Whether you like Johnny Depp or not, he is a skilled actor. However, he didn’t bring anything unique to his role as Grindelwald. Why risk alienating a certain part of the fandom by casting him?
- Newt not acting like a Hufflepuff by deciding not to take sides against someone who is basically Wizard Hitler was not a good look.
- Rowling needs to work with an experienced screenwriter.
- Can David Yates not continue making any more Fantastic Beasts films?
- The poorly written female representation involving Leta Lestrange, Queenie Goldstein, Nagini, and Tina Goldstein. Is Rowling even able to write properly fleshed out fictional women that aren’t just there to offer support or act as love interests for the male leads?
- Using Minerva McGonagall in the film was a bad example of fan service.
- Why decide to call the franchise Fantastic Beasts? It would have been better off being called Dumbledore and How He Decides To Manipulate Others Again.
- No one believes Credence Barebone is a Dumbledore unless the next film is going to talk about the birthing process of Dementors. Erin had an interesting theory about Credence being related to Grindelwald.
What did you think of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald? Let us know.
Farid has a Masters in Psychology and an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Arousing the Legacy, Missing in Somerville, The Game Master of Somerville, and The Escaped Murderer of Somerville. He gives us insight on comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.