J.K. Rowling Releases New “Harry Potter” Short Story!
It seems The Boy Who Lived will surely live on. Connecting to the updates regarding the Qudditch World Cup, J.K. Rowling has released a short story featuring Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger, along with other fan favorite characters. So, let’s take a look at Harry Potter after seven years!
The post has been written as a gossip column for the Daily Prophet, and it shows Harry and the rest of Dumbledore’s Army attending the Qudditch World Cup in the Patagonia Desert in Argentina. It seems all of the characters are alive and well, though some of them have changed through the years. Written by Rita Skeeter, you get to read her unique and gossipy take on events once again.
You need to sign-up for a free Pottermore account in order to read the post yourself. The said post does seem to come at the right time. The 2014 Fifa World Cup is coming to an end, and Universal Studios amusement park (Orlando, Florida) has also officially opened Diagon Alley.
What are your thoughts regarding Rowling coming back to tell us how Harry and the gang are doing? Are you looking forward to more updates like this? Let us know in the comments section!
If you don’t want to read the article yourself, available complete at TODAY.com, then proceed further for some spoilers! Those of you who don’t want to be spoiled…Stop right here! Petrificus Totalus!
- Harry Potter is now in his 30’s, with some silver in his famous messy black hair. He’s still an Auror. He also wears the same round glasses that have become an icon in their own right. He’s still married to Ginny, who’s a sports reporter for the Daily Prophet.
- Ron and Hermione are still married too. I guess J.K. Rowling was making fun of her own uncertainty regarding those two by mentioning this. Ron has left the Ministry in order to look over the successful Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes.
- Neville Longbottom, the Herbology professor at Hogwarts, may have a drinking problem. I would’ve liked to know more about this development. I never took Neville as the ‘too much drinking’ type. But then again, Rita wrote it so who knows what’s true.
- Hermione Granger is still working for the Ministry and is the Deputy Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. However, Rita notes that her hair is still ‘frizzy’. Well, I can’t complain about that because Hermione’s frizzy hair is a part of her. Rita also labels her as the ‘femme fatale’. Yes, it seems bad blood still exists between the two witches.
- Luna is still Luna. Which means that she’s still amazing!
- Teddy Lupin is “a lanky half-werewolf with bright blue hair”, whom Rita describes as behaving badly and a “wild boy” (editor’s note: this made my heart ache! -Kerry)
- Victoire and Teddy are constantly running off to dark corners to snog.
- Rita has an upcoming new biography: Dumbledore’s Army: The Dark Side of the Demob
Farid has a Masters in Psychology and an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Arousing the Legacy, Missing in Somerville, The Game Master of Somerville, and The Escaped Murderer of Somerville. He gives us insight on comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.