“The Sexy Brutale: Full House Edition” Gets PlayStation 4 Physical Release Date!
A deal has been signed between BadLand Games and Spanish developer Tequila Works. They will offer the adventure title The Sexy Brutale as a PS4 physical release on 11th April, 2017!
Tequila Works and Cavalier Games co-produced The Sexy Brutale: Full House Edition. Pre-ordering the game offers an exclusive six-page comic book or an exclusive artbook.
The exclusive comic book was penned by Enrique Fernandez. The artbook features unseen game development concepts and images.
The physical release will also include a CD featuring the official soundtrack. A full-colored manual along with information about the game’s development and inspiration are also included.
Here’s the official synopsis:
Developed over three years between Cavalier Game Studios and Tequila Works, The Sexy Brutale is the name of the grand casino mansion where a series of horrifying murders take place during the annual masked ball. Players take on the role of elderly priest Lafcadio Boone, and must hide and spy on guests and staff alike to solve and prevent each murder before the clock strikes midnight, during a never-ending Groundhog Day that will not stop until all the mansion’s dark secrets are revealed.
“The Sexy Brutale is one of the most remarkable games we have seen, and we’re absolutely delighted to be bringing it to physical retail. Solving murders by reliving an unending cycle of death is a great concept on its own — and a worthy addition to the adventure genre,” said Luis Quintas (CEO, BadLand Games).
“The joy of The Sexy Brutale is experiencing each individual story and death and learning how to prevent each murder before it happens every day. Such a special occasion demands the appropriate dress code — a fancy physical release in partnership with BadLand Games!” said Raúl Rubio (CEO and creative director, Tequila Works).
Check out the trailer!
The key features of the game include:
- Unique ‘Groundhog Day’ puzzle concept. Spend hours upon hours exploring a single day from different perspectives and locations.
- Watch, listen, and learn. Attention to detail is a must if you intend to save each guest from an early grave.
- Multiple areas to explore. Each includes its own scenario, characters, and puzzles.
- A mansion of possibilities. Plenty of room to experience a darkly humorous murder mystery that takes place within a huge manor.
- Exotic cast of characters. Nine guests from all walks of life have put their lives in your hands.
- Acquire special powers. Each victim you save grants you special powers on your quest to uncover the secret at the heart of The Sexy Brutale.
Judging by the trailer the gameplay looks interesting. The graphics have a pleasant, colorful, cartoonish feel.
What do you think of The Sexy Brutale? Are you looking forward to the 11th April physical release date? Let us know.
Farid has a Masters in Psychology and is the author of numerous books including Arousing the Legacy, Missing in Somerville, The Game Master of Somerville, and The Escaped Murderer of Somerville. He gives us insight on comics, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies. He reviews shows such as Gotham and Teen Wolf.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.