Pixel Rougelike RPG “Tangledeep” Coming to Steam Early Access on July 19, 2017
Developed by Impact Gameworks, the turn-based roguelike RPG Tangledeep is coming to Steam Early Access on July 19, 2017!
The upcoming game will be available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Tangledeep will feature impressive pixel art along with an enjoyable score by lead developer and award-winning composer Andrew Aversa – accompanied by legends Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana) and Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth).
Here is the official synopsis:
For hundreds of years, people have enjoyed the peaceful tranquility of underground settlements and villages – where the only route to the surface is “Tangledeep,” a mysterious and ever-changing labyrinth. With memories of the surface world long forgotten, you set out for the labyrinth to discover what lies above…
Explore sprawling dungeons, conquer bizarre foes, and experience a new adventure with every playthrough. Each floor is filled with magical beasts, ancient automatons, dangerous environments, and hybrid biomes – requiring patience as well as skill to be successfully navigated.
Tangledeep features a robust and customizable job system, with 9 unique jobs to master. The game also supports a number of features designed to give players the perfect level of challenge. You can opt for the true roguelike challenge of permadeath – or simply return to town upon death, for example. It’s also possible to share progress between characters by using the banking system – or by planting magic trees and raising monsters in town.
The key features include:
* Experiencing finely-tuned, procedurally-generated gameplay as you complete quests and collect items.
* Mastering deep, tactical combat across 9 unique jobs.
* Choosing between two game modes – Heroic Mode (with permadeath – the way the game was intended to be played), and Adventure Mode (no permadeath).
* Sharing progress between characters by using a banking system – or planting magic trees and raising monsters in town.
* Taking in the scenery – with stunning 16-bit graphics and carefully handcrafted maps!
* Playing while listening to a beautiful soundtrack from award-winning composers.
Check out the trailer!
Tangledeep will become available on Steam (Windows/Mac/Linux) on July 19, 2017, for $14.99.
What are your thoughts about Tangledeep? Let us know.
Farid has a Masters in Psychology and is the author of numerous books including Arousing the Legacy, Missing in Somerville, The Game Master of Somerville, and The Escaped Murderer of Somerville. He gives us insight on comics, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies. He reviews shows such as Gotham and Teen Wolf.
**Read our policies before commenting.**
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.