Anime NYC is back for its third outing this weekend, and Crunchyroll, as the convention’s official partner, is bringing its A-game. With various activities and activations spread across two booths, as well as various panels and premieres, Crunchyroll at Anime NYC 2019 is proving why it’s the world’s most popular anime brand.
It makes sense that Crunchyroll, being one of the most well-known names in anime, co-sponsors Anime NYC, which is New York City’s largest convention dedicated to anime, manga, and Japanese culture. Crunchyroll has been sponsoring Anime NYC since its inception in 2017, and as the convention grows, it only makes sense that Crunchyroll’s presence would as well. Indeed, Crunchyroll at Anime NYC 2019 is bringing photo ops, game demos, premieres, and more.
“The team at Anime NYC cares deeply about anime fans, so it’s a natural fit for Crunchyroll to work with them as the ‘Powered by’ sponsor of the show,” says Mary Franklin, Head of Events at Crunchyroll. “We are excited to meet up with fans in New York, hear what they think, and bring them great Crunchyroll content.”
Anime NYC marks Crunchyroll’s final convention appearance of the year, and they are wrapping up in style. This year, Crunchyroll with have two booths on the show floor – their usual booth (#622) and the first-ever Crunchyroll Games booth (#549). Here is a preview of the great stuff happening courtesy of Crunchyroll:
- Photo opportunities galore – The all-new “Dr. STONE” mosaic wall will make its debut, and fans are invited to snap a pic and have their photos placed alongside other passionate fans to create a mural. Fans are also invited to celebrate the 20th anniversary of “One Piece” with a special photo wall featuring fan-favorite characters from the beloved series.
- Crunchyroll Games demos – Fans are invited to check out the Crunchyroll Games booth to enjoy playable demos of the upcoming “Mob Psycho 100: Psychic Battle” and “NARUTO x BORUTO NINJA TRIBES,” alongside “Attack on Titan TACTICS,” and “Grand Summoners.”
- Shield Hero Training Room – Are you ready to be a hero? Well grab your shield and test your skills to level up. Brave rising heroes will get a chance to pop balloon monsters with their very own legendary shield! The pressure is on since you’ll only have limited time to battle some balloon monsters. Get ready for the level grind of your life!
- Premiere Screenings and Panels
Friday, November 15 from 6:00pm – 7:00pm, Panel Room 1E09, Crunchyroll Presents: In/Spectre Ep.1-2 East Coast Premiere
Friday, November 15 from 9:00pm – 10:00 pm, Panel Room 1E02, Food Wars! The Fourth Plate Panel
Saturday, November 16 8:00pm – 8:30pm, Panel Room 1E04, Crunchyroll Presents: A Destructive God Sits Next to Me Ep.1 World Premiere
Saturday, November 16 8:30pm – 10:00pm, Panel Room 1E04, Crunchyroll Presents: Somali and the Forest Spirit Ep.1-3 World Premiere
- Crunchyroll Industry Panel – The Crunchyroll panel will be held Saturday, November 16 from 6:30 – 7:30 PM in room 1E09 to discuss the latest and greatest coming to the platform. A special gift will be available for all who attend.
Anime NYC is this Friday through Sunday (November 15-17) at the Javits Center in Manhattan. Tickets are still available!
Author: Jamie Sugah
Jamie has a BA in English with a focus in creative writing from The Ohio State University. She self-published her first novel, The Perils of Long Hair on a Windy Day, which is available through Amazon. She is currently an archivist and lives in New York City with her demon ninja vampire cat. She covers television, books, movies, anime, and conventions in the NYC area.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary