Nominations Announced For Golden Globe Awards 2019! Let’s See What “Black Panther” Wins!
The complete list of the nominations for the 76th annual Golden Globe Awards 2019 have been announced and I’m so happy to see Black Panther getting the recognition it deserves. Let’s see if the Marvel Studios film can continue the streak as the Oscars draw closer.
The Dick Cheney biopic Vice, starring Christian Bale, leads Golden Globe Awards 2019 pack with six nominations. A Star Is Born with Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, queer film The Favorite, Green Book (which has been receiving some backlash), and Black Panther (making Golden Globe history) got a respectable number of nominations each.
The Golden Globe Awards 2019 nominations (for film and television) were announced by Terry Crews, Danai Gurira, Leslie Mann, and Christian Slater. The talent was joined by Golden Globe ambassador Isna Elba, Hollywood Foreign Press Association president Meher Tatna, and Dick Clark Productions executive VP of television Barry Adelman.
The Golden Globe Awards 2019 will be held on January 6, 2019, hosted by Sandra Oh and Andy Samberg.
You can go ahead and read the entire nomination list. Below I will be talking about some of the Golden Globe Awards 2019 nominations and share which titles should win.
Best Motion Picture – Drama
- “Black Panther”
- “Bohemian Rhapsody”
- “If Beale Street Could Talk”
- “A Star Is Born”
While I would like Black Panther to win, I think it will likely be A Star Is Born or If Beale Street Could Talk.
Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama
- Glenn Close (“The Wife”)
- Lady Gaga (“A Star Is Born”)
- Nicole Kidman (“Destroyer”)
- Melissa McCarthy (“Can You Ever Forgive Me?”)
- Rosamund Pike (“A Private War”)
Melissa McCarthy should win this one. Also, I do think Widows was unfortunately snubbed.
Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama
- Bradley Cooper (“A Star Is Born”)
- Willem Dafoe (“At Eternity’s Gate”)
- Lucas Hedges (“Boy Erased”)
- Rami Malek (“Bohemian Rhapsody”)
- John David Washington (“BlacKkKlansman”)
If not Rami Malek, the award should go to John David Washington.
Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy
- “Crazy Rich Asians”
- “The Favourite”
- “Green Book”
- “Mary Poppins Returns”
I wouldn’t be surprised if Mary Poppins Returns snags this one.
Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy
- Emily Blunt (“Mary Poppins Returns”)
- Olivia Colman (“The Favourite”)
- Elsie Fisher (“Eighth Grade”)
- Charlize Theron (“Tully”)
- Constance Wu (“Crazy Rich Asians”)
It needs to go to Olivia Colman. She also needs to be nominated for an Oscar in 2019.
Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy
- Christian Bale (“Vice”)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda (“Mary Poppins Returns”)
- Viggo Mortensen (“Green Book”)
- Robert Redford (“The Old Man & the Gun”)
- John C. Reilly (“Stan & Ollie”)
Maybe Lin-Manuel Miranda? I’m not too invested in this category.
Best Actress in a Supporting Role in any Motion Picture
- Amy Adams (“Vice”)
- Claire Foy (“First Man”)
- Regina King (“If Beale Street Could Talk”)
- Emma Stone (“The Favourite”)
- Rachel Weisz (“The Favourite”)
If not Regina King, as long as it goes to an actress from The Favorite, I will be happy.
Best Actor in a Supporting Role in any Motion Picture
- Mahershala Ali (“Green Book”)
- Timothee Chalamet (“Beautiful Boy”)
- Adam Driver (“BlacKkKlansman”)
- Richard E. Grant (“Can You Ever Forgive Me?”)
- Sam Rockwell (“Vice”)
Likely Sam Rockwell.
Best Motion Picture – Animated
- “Incredibles 2”
- “Isle of Dogs”
- “Ralph Breaks the Internet”
- “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse”
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse all the way!
Best Original Score – Motion Picture
- Marco Beltrami (“A Quiet Place”)
- Alexandre Desplat (“Isle of Dogs”)
- Ludwig Göransson (“Black Panther”)
- Justin Hurwitz (“First Man”)
- Marc Shaiman (“Mary Poppins Returns”)
It is going to be a tough competition between Black Panther and Mary Poppins Returns.
Best Original Song – Motion Picture
- “All the Stars” (“Black Panther”)
- “Girl in the Movies” (“Dumplin’”)
- “Requiem For a Private War” (“A Private War”)
- “Revelation’ (“Boy Erased”)
- “Shallow” (“A Star Is Born”)
While I think “Shallow” can win due to Lady Gaga’s prestige, I want “All the Stars” to win the award.
Best Television Series – Drama
- “The Americans”
- “Killing Eve”
Of course, Pose because of what it has been able to do on the small screen.
Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama
- Caitriona Balfe (“Outlander”)
- Elisabeth Moss (“The Handmaid’s Tale”)
- Sandra Oh (“Killing Eve”)
- Julia Roberts (“Homecoming”)
- Keri Russell (“The Americans”)
Give it to Sandra Oh!
Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Drama
- Jason Bateman (“Ozark”)
- Stephan James (“Homecoming”)
- Richard Madden (“Bodyguard”)
- Billy Porter (“Pose”)
- Matthew Rhys (“The Americans”)
Maybe Matthew Rhys or Billy Porter.
Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy
- “Barry” (HBO)
- “The Good Place” (NBC)
- “Kidding” (Showtime)
- “The Kominsky Method” (Netflix)
- “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” (Amazon)
I think The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel will win.
Best Television Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
- “The Alienist” (TNT)
- “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story” (FX)
- “Escape at Dannemora” (Showtime)
- “Sharp Objects” (HBO)
- “A Very English Scandal” (Amazon)
In my opinion, A Very English Scandal.
Feel free to share your thoughts about the Golden Globe Awards 2019 nominations with us.
Farid has a Masters in Psychology and an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Arousing the Legacy, Missing in Somerville, The Game Master of Somerville, and The Escaped Murderer of Somerville. He gives us insight on comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.