“Justice League: Throne of Atlantis – Commemorative Edition” Releasing This November
As far as Warner Bros. is concerned, 2018 is the year of Aquaman! Not only are we getting a live-action solo Aquaman film, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will be releasing Justice League: Throne of Atlantis – Commemorative Edition on Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, and Digital starting November 13, 2018!
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis – Commemorative Edition sees Arthur Curry discovering his heroic roots, contending with foes, and taking his place as Aquaman beside new “super” allegiances. The film has been remastered for 4K presentation. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, look for the feature-length DC Universe Movie starting November 13, 2018.
The Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack will be available for $29.98 SRP. The Combo Pack will have a price tag of $24.98. All packages include an all-new featurette, Aquaman: The New King, as well as audio commentary by renowned former DC Editor and current Creative Director of Animation, Mike Carlin and screenwriter Heath Corson.
Here’s the synopsis:
In Justice League: Throne of Atlantis – Commemorative Edition, Cyborg discovers an imminent threat in the depths of the oceans so powerful that it rallies together the newly formed Justice League. Meanwhile, wandering thousands of feet above the ocean floor is drifter Arthur Curry, a man with strange powers who may be the last chance to bridge the ancient Atlantean world with our own. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the rest of DC’s Justice League must band together as they face off against warmongering Orm, an army of sea creatures, otherworldly weapons and perilous odds. In this all-new epic adventure from the DC Universe, mankind’s only hope of escaping from the darkness lies with the guiding light of a man – Aquaman!
The celebrity laden cast features primetime television stars Matt Lanter (Timeless, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, 90210) as Aquaman, Sam Witwer (Being Human, Smallville, Star Wars: Rebels) as Orm, Jason O’Mara (The Man in the High Castle) as Batman, Christopher Gorham (Insatiable, Two Broke Girls, Covert Affairs) as Flash, Nathan Fillion (The Rookie, Castle) as Green Lantern, Shemar Moore (S.W.A.T., Criminal Minds) as Cyborg, Rosario Dawson (Sin City, Daredevil) as Wonder Woman, Jerry O’Connell (Real Men Watch Bravo, The Death of Superman) as Superman, Sean Astin (The Lord of the Rings Trilogy) as Shazam, Sumalee Montano (Scandal, Critical Role) as Mera, Sirena Irwin (Superman: Unbound) as Queen Atlanna, and Harry Lennix (Man of Steel, The Blacklist) as Manta.
Ethan Spaulding (Batman: Assault on Arkham, Son of Batman) directed the film from a script by Heath Corson (Justice League: War). Executive producer is Sam Register and James Tucker (Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay, Justice League Dark) serves as supervising producer.
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis – Commemorative Edition contains two all-new bonus features, along with special features from the film’s original release:
- Aquaman: The New King (NEW featurette) – An immersive look at Arthur Curry’s evolution from guardian of the ocean to the King of Atlantis and key member of the Justice League.
- Audio Commentary (NEW) – Renowned former DC Editor and current Creative Director of Animation Mike Carlin, Creative Director of Animation, and Throne of Atlantis screenwriter Heath Corson share their insights into the legend of Aquaman.
- Scoring Atlantis: The Sound of the Deep (Featurette) – Every great film needs a great musical score. Filled with emotion, music takes us on a dynamic journey as we adventure with the hero. Throne of Atlantis takes us on that quest through the eyes of Arthur Curry.
- Robin and Nightwing Bonus Sequence – Producer James Tucker provides video commentary for this exciting bonus sequence where Robin and Nightwing join forces.
- Throne of Atlantis: 2014 New York Comic Con Panel – The entire, lively one-hour panel discussion between actor Matt Lanter, producer James Tucker, screenwriter Heath Corson, character designer Phil Bourassa and dialogue director Andrea Romano.
- Villains of the Deep (Featurette) – From Ocean Master to Black Manta to King Shark, each villain operates from his own deep sense of conviction, presenting an incredible challenge for the hero in Arthur Curry, aka Aquaman. This documentary goes into the biographical details of the villains.
- A Sneak Peek at The Death of Superman – The Death of Superman is widely considered one of the most popular stories in the Superman canon and the DCU. This sneak peek at the exciting new film discusses the story and its place in pop culture.
- A Sneak Peek at Reign of the Supermen – An exciting look at the new film which brings the epic and emotional story of a world without the Man of Steel to life.
- Bonus cartoons from the DC Comics Vault:
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Aquaman’s Outrageous Adventure!”
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Evil Under the Sea!”
- Aquaman, “Menace of The Black Manta” and “The Rampaging Reptile-Men”
- Justice League Unlimited, “Far from Home”
Street Date: November 13, 2018
Run Time: 75 minutes
Blu-ray Combo Price: $24.98 SRP
4K UHD Combo Price: $29.98 SRP
Fans of Aquaman should also check out the recently released and highly enjoyable LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Aquaman – Rage of Atlantis.
The live-action Aquaman film will be released on December 21, 2018.
Feel free to share your thoughts about the Justice League: Throne of Atlantis – Commemorative Edition with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary