With Halloween just around the corner, why not celebrate by binge-watching some classic horror movies? Universal Pictures Home Entertainment will be releasing 30 iconic films from horror movie history on August 28, 2018. The upcoming Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection is the first time these titles have come together on Blu-ray!
Universal Pictures is home to iconic film monsters, and it is only fitting that fans get to binge-watch the famous tales on Blu-ray. The Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection includes “all Universal Pictures’ legendary monsters from the studio that pioneered the horror genre with imaginative and technically groundbreaking tales of terror in unforgettable films from the 1930s to late-1950s.”
Here are the details:
From the era of silent movies through present day, Universal Pictures has been regarded as the home of the monsters. The Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection showcases all the original films featuring the most iconic monsters in motion picture history including Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, The Invisible Man, The Bride of Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, Phantom of the Opera and Creature from the Black Lagoon. Starring some of the most legendary actors including Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney Jr., Claude Rains and Elsa Lanchester in the roles that they made famous, these films set the standard for a new horror genre and showcase why these landmark movies that defined the horror genre are regarded as some of the most unforgettable ever to be filmed.
Another awesome thing about the release is that it includes a 48-page collectible book filled with behind-the-scenes stories and rare production photographs. The collection is accompanied by an array of bonus features including behind-the-scenes documentaries, the 1931 Spanish version of Dracula, Featurettes on Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney Jr., and Jack Pierce, 13 expert feature commentaries, archival footage, production photographs, theatrical trailers and more.
The Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection includes:
- Dracula (1931)
- Frankenstein (1931)
- The Mummy (1932)
- The Invisible Man (1933)
- The Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
- Werewolf of London (1935)
- Dracula’s Daughter (1936)
- Son of Frankenstein (1939)
- The Invisible Man Returns (1940)
- The Invisible Woman (1940)
- The Mummy’s Hand (1940)
- The Wolf Man (1941)
- The Ghost of Frankenstein (1942)
- The Mummy’s Ghost (1942)
- The Mummy’s Tomb (1942)
- Invisible Agent (1942)
- Phantom of the Opera (1943)
- Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man (1943)
- Son of Dracula (1943)
- House of Frankenstein (1944)
- The Mummy’s Curse (1944)
- The Invisible Man’s Revenge (1944)
- House of Dracula (1945)
- She-Wolf of London (1946)
- Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)
- Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man (1951)
- Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954, and includes a 3D version)
- Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy (1955)
- Revenge of the Creature (1955 and includes a 3D version)
- The Creature Walks Among Us (1956).
The bonus features are:
- Behind-the-Scenes Documentaries
- 3D Versions of Creature from the Black Lagoon and Revenge of the Creature
- 1931 Spanish Version of Dracula
- Featurettes on Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney Jr., and Jack Pierce
- 13 Expert Feature Commentaries
- Archival Footage
- Production Photographs
- Theatrical Trailers
What’s your favorite classic horror film? Are you excited about the Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection? Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary