As someone who is a fan of dinosaurs, I am so here for the upcoming ARK: The Animated Series. The show features a star-studded cast (including Elliot Page). I am so ready! Even if the wait is long.
According to the press release we got, Studio Wildcard has partnered with acclaimed director Jay Oliva (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox) to executive produce and co-showrun ARK: The Animated series. It is based on the ARK: Survival Evolved video game.
The series has been created and executive produced by the game’s creators Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak. The show will consist of 14 episodes (each being 30-minutes long). Two seasons are currently in production for a 2022 launch.
Lead writers Marguerite Bennett and Kendall Deacon Davis have written the scripts. The voice cast includes Gerard Butler, Michelle Yeoh, Devery Jacobs, Madeleine Madden, Deborah Mailman, Zahn McClarnon, Malcolm McDowell, Elliot Page, Ragga Ragnars, David Tennant, Karl Urban, Jeffrey Wright, and Russell Crowe.
Not only that, but Studio Wildcard also announced that Vin Diesel has joined the company as President of Creative Convergence. Diesel will act as executive producer of both ARK II and ARK: The Animated Series.
Furthermore, Diesel will also voice Santiago, “a fully rendered hero protagonist, who will cross over from the newly announced video game sequel to the animated television series.”
The official description reads:
From cutting-edge animation studio Lex + Otis and with music composed by Gareth Coker (Ori and the Will of the Wisps), ARK: The Animated Series chronicles the story of a mysterious primeval land populated by dinosaurs and other extinct creatures, where people from throughout human history have been resurrected. When 21st century Australian paleontologist Helena Walker awakes on the ARK after tragedy, she must learn to survive and find new allies, or die again at the hands of ruthless warlords — all while trying to uncover the true nature of their strange new world.
Here’s the teaser trailer!
ARK: The Animated Series is represented by Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
Jeremy Stieglitz said, “Being able to mix together fantastic characters from throughout human history is one of the unique joys of telling stories within the ARK universe. But more than that, this series is a deeply personal narrative about love and grief, and the ways in which those two most-powerful emotions manifest in different people. Plus, of course, taming and riding dinosaurs!”
Jesse Rapczak shared, “With ARK, we’ve always looked for new ways to tell the story. The animated series brings together some of the most talented directors, actors, and animators out there to finally depict on-screen this franchise’s epic narrative.”
ARK: Survival Evolved launched onto Steam’s Early Access back in June of 2015. It’s been able to gain more than 35 million players globally. ARK II, for next-gen platforms, will debut alongside the animated series in 2022.
Here are the descriptions of the animated characters:
- Gerard Butler plays General Gaius Marcellus Nerva, a brutal ancient Roman despot.
- Devery Jacobs plays Alasie, a peppy 17th-century Inuit teenager, now finding her place on the ARK.
- Cissy Jones plays The Gladiatrix, a formidable commander in Nerva’s army.
- Madeleine Madden plays 21st-century Australian paleontologist Helena Walker, newly awoken on the ARK.
- Deborah Mailman plays Deborah Walker, a 21st-century Aboriginal Australian activist, and mother to Helena Walker.
- Zahn McClarnon plays Thunder Comes Charging, a 19th century Lakota warrior who leads a thriving community on the ARK.
- Malcolm McDowell plays Senator Lucius Cassius Virilis, a manipulative aristocrat during the reign of Caesar Augustus.
- Juliet Mills plays Chava, a wise healer and village council member.
- Elliot Page plays Victoria Walker, an idealistic humanitarian aid worker, and wife of Helena Walker.
- Ragga Ragnars plays Queen Sigrid, a bellicose 10th century Viking warlord.
- David Tennant plays Sir Edmund Rockwell, an egocentric 19th-century scientist harboring dark ambitions.
- Alan Tudyk plays The Captain, a crusty buccaneer who profitably sails the dangerous waters around the ARK.
- Karl Urban plays Bob, a recent square-jawed ARK arrival.
- Jeffrey Wright plays Henry Townsend, an 18th-century American watchmaker and Patriot spy.
- Michelle Yeoh plays Meiyin Li, a 3rd-century Chinese rebel leader, known on the ARK by her reputation as the formidable “Beast Queen.”
- Ron Yuan plays Han Li, a 3rd-century Chinese rebel leader and brother to Meiyin.
- Russell Crowe is playing Kor the Prophet, an eccentric ‘dino-whisperer’ hailing from a time before recorded history.
- Vin Diesel is playing 24th-century‘ Mek’-pilot, gearhead, & freedom-fighter Santiago.
As I have already mentioned, I am so excited! Give me all the action, gore, and dinosaur taming!
Also, while we’re talking about Page, do read our article here if you have any questions about other transgender people as an ally.
Are you a fan of the ARK franchise? Are you looking forward to the animated series?
Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary