- The Geekiary will not sell your information to any third party or share your personal information publicly outside of previously agreed upon giveaway events where it is necessary for this information to be shared. By entering into our giveaways you agree for a limited amount of information to be used in order for your prized to be claimed.
- The Geekiary reserves the right to block your IP, email address, and other personal information from use of this website or other Geekiary affiliated or partner websites as deemed necessary to protect against harassment.
- The Geekiary will limit its use of your email for fundraising purposes. We will never share your email to outside fundraising groups.
- Communications with the Geekiary are archived and documented and may be used for on the record purposes unless otherwise agreed upon.
Our comment section is open to active discourse, but we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines:
- Personal attacks are not allowed. Our website is open for active discourse and disagreement is allowed, but cruel and disparaging remarks about other community members is prohibited.
- Stay on topic. Don’t derail the comments section of an article with unrelated content or content that is there to instigate people into off topic discussion.
- Be polite. Disagreement is fine, but please don’t be intentionally inflammatory towards other community members.
- Keep it PG-13. Please avoid using extreme and excessive profanity in your posts. These posts will get caught in our spam filters automatically.
- No bigoted language. Sexist, racist, homophobic, biphobic, transphobic, or otherwise bigoted language and sentiments are also not allowed.
- “Sock puppet” accounts are not allowed. “Sock puppets” are multiple names/accounts run by one person to appear as though their argument has more support. Users who use anonymous switching agents to appear as different users also fall under this category. This will result in an immediate ban of all accounts.
Commenters who violate these policies will either have their posts edited by a moderator with a note indicating what content has been removed and why, or outright deleted if the remaining content of the post doesn’t justify it remaining in the comments section.
Repeated or extreme abuse will result in a ban of the offending user.
Comments sections of certain articles may be closed or moderated at any time due to repeated abuse or ban circumvention.
Commenting Policies are subject to change at admin discretion.
All content on The Geekiary is copyright of The Geekiary, the respective authors, photographers, designers, artists, and content creators as notated.
Should you feel there has been a mistake with our copyright, please contact us.
We love it when you choose to share our content! Please follow these guidelines:
- We’ve included buttons at the bottom of each post and select pages so that you can easily do so on your designated social media networks.
- If you choose to not use those buttons and would like to share portions of our content elsewhere, please remember to link back to our main site.
Re-posting of our content in whole is not permitted. We will seek removal of all content posted in whole.