Our comment section is open to active discourse, but we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines:
- Personal attacks are not allowed. Our website is open for active discourse and disagreement is allowed, but cruel and disparaging remarks about other community members is prohibited.
- Stay on topic. Don’t derail the comments section of an article with unrelated content or content that is there to instigate people into off topic discussion.
- Be polite. Disagreement is fine, but please don’t be intentionally inflammatory towards other community members.
- Keep it PG-13. Please avoid using extreme and excessive profanity in your posts. These posts will get caught in our spam filters automatically.
- No bigoted language. Sexist, racist, homophobic, biphobic, transphobic, or otherwise bigoted language and sentiments are also not allowed.
- “Sock puppet” accounts are not allowed. “Sock puppets” are multiple names/accounts run by one person to appear as though their argument has more support. Users who use anonymous switching agents to appear as different users also fall under this category. This will result in an immediate ban of all accounts.
Commenters who violate these policies will either have their posts edited by a moderator with a note indicating what content has been removed and why, or deleted if the remaining content of the post doesn’t justify it remaining in the comments section.
Repeated or extreme abuse will result in a ban of the offending user. See our Privacy Policies for details for details about what information is used during this procedure.
Comments sections of certain articles may be closed or moderated at any time due to repeated abuse or ban circumvention.
Commenting Policies are subject to change at admin discretion.