The title picture of today’s Feelings is inspired by my love for Jupiter Ascending, also because Eddie Redmayne could be the star of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Let’s be real though, any excuse will do.
First off, here’s a warning to all fanfiction writers. Apparently a site called ebooks-tree.com has been taking stories off Ao3 and other fandom archives and hosting them as downloads on their site. If you want to know more about what’s happening and what to do about it, please check out this post by ef yeah copyright law.
Everything is still Marvel because it seems like everything is ALWAYS Marvel nowadays. As I am a massive Marvel fan, I’m not exactly upset about the over saturation, but even I’ve got a little bit of Marvel fatigue at this point. The Avengers: Age of Ultron premiere happened, but if you missed that you must have been sleeping or stuck somewhere without Internet access, but that doesn’t even scratch the surface of everything Marvel that has happened in the last 3 days.
Daredevil happened, and the world basically stopped so that everyone could watch it. Except for me because I was at Supanova Pop Culture Convention in Melbourne making oogly eyes at Tyler Hoechlin. There was also the Ant-Man trailer, which I’m still not at all excited about, but hey, if that’s you’re thing then Bandit wrote about it for The Geekiary here. In other Ant-Man news, EW posted the first photo of Yellowjacket.
Then there’s the news that ABC and Marvel are working on an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spin-off, which could be good I guess, but to be honest it’s starting to feel like Marvel is stretching itself a little thin. The two most likely options are Inhumans, which has already been announced as a movie, or they spin-off New!SHIELD possibly as SWORD. While neither of those options are bad, they both encroach fairly heavily on S.H.I.E.L.D.’s territory and don’t really offer anything new. Also if this potential spin-off interferes with Agent Carter’s renewal in any way I will pitch a fit. Seriously. (via The Mary Sue)
New Pitch Perfect 2 clip!
Orange Is The New Black Season 3 Trailer!
True Detective Season 2 Trailer!
Another Scream Queens trailer because I needed to be more excited about this show – sarcasm!
Trailer for MTV’s Scream.
Check out this 70’s style trailer for Jupiter Ascending. (via The Daily Dot)
Speaking of 70s era, Joss Whedon kind of put his foot in his mouth again when he called the new Jurassic World clip “70s era sexist”. Now normally I’m here for anyone calling out Hollywood’s sexism, and I’ll admit that the clip did feel a little dated, but I think Joss is over-stepping the mark a little bit here. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Joss Whedon. I am 100% a Joss Whedon fangirl and pretty much love everything the man makes, but I also recognize that he gets a little mansplainy when he tries to talk feminist. Joss’s tweet was in response to a tweet by The Mary Sue, which is an incredibly important space for female fandom. He really doesn’t have any right to jump in and take over their conversation.
…and I’m too busy wishing this clip wasn’t 70’s era sexist. She’s a stiff, he’s a life-force – really? Still? https://t.co/qqts4jpSva
— Joss Whedon (@josswhedon) April 10, 2015
Here’s the clip if you’re interested, you can make your own decision.
Fangirls are pretty happy with Anna Kendrick’s refusal to pose sexy for the Pitch Perfect 2 poster. Apparently the powers that be were “sweating because [she] wouldn’t strike a sexy pose.” Well, it seems they were wrong, because fans have embraced Beca’s badass! (via The Mary Sue)
A photo posted by Anna Kendrick (@annakendrick47) on
Deadpool was caught in a compromising position.
— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) April 8, 2015
In Other News:
- John Green is set to host a panel at BookCon featuring clips from the upcoming Paper Towns movie! The panel will be held at 6pm on May 30th. Read more about it on the BookCon website. (via The Mary Sue)
- Rebel Wilson has officially signed on for Pitch Perfect 3. (via The Mary Sue)
- Mark Ruffalo told Collider that the reason Marvel hasn’t made another Hulk movie is because they don’t have the rights. “That’s still Universal’s property, so there’s that issue. That’s a big impediment to moving forward with that. Now I don’t think that’s insurmountable, by the way, but I don’t know where it’s going from here for me.” (via Hypable)
- Scarlet Johansson is set to host SNL on May 2. (via TVLine)
- The rumor mill went wild over with the possibility that JK Rowling might write more Harry Potter books, but JK put those rumors to rest when she said: “I think Harry Potter 8, as in what happened next to Harry, Ron and Hermione — I don’t think that’s going to happen.” (via Hypable)
- In the worst news ever FOX is creating a made-for-TV special of The Rocky Horror Picture Show because that’s something we all needed in our lives. (via The Mary Sue)
- Ian McKellen has joined Disney’s live-action Beauty and the Beast as Cogsworth! (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- According to Variety, Eddie Redmayne is the frontrunner to star in the Harry Potter spin-off Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
- It seems Michelle MacLaren will no longer direct Warner Bros’ Wonder Woman film due to “creative differences”, which does not bode well for Wonder Woman. (via Comic Book Resources)
- Battlestar Galactica’s Katee Sackhoff is creating and starring in her own sci-fi tv series! It’s called Rain and it explores the long term effects of global warming. (via The Mary Sue)
- Also there’s a Teen Wolf trailer – and you can read all about it in this post!
Finally if you’re looking for a couple of causes to get behind here are two petitions you should definitely consider signing.
Tell Disney You Don’t Want A Whitewashed Mulan!
Netflix: Make your new show about a blind superhero accessible to blind viewers
Author: Undie Girl
Undie Girl (aka Von) has a BA (Hons) Major in Cultural Studies. The title of her honours thesis was “It’s just gay and porn”: Power, Identity and the Fangirl’s Gaze. She’s currently pursuing a Masters of Media Practice at University of Sydney. Von’s a former contributor The Backlot’s column The Shipping News and a current co-host of The Geekiary’s monthly webcast FEELINGS… with The Geekiary.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary