The Bitching Dead Issue 47 had Bekah, Tara, and I cover episodes 15 and 16 of The Walking Dead season 11. While we still have a bunch of TWD spin-offs down the line, at least the main series will come to an end with Part 3 sometime later this year.
Of course, I have to begin by talking about the ratings. While the show saw an increase in viewership, with episode 13 ‘Warlords’ getting 1.79 million live viewers, the upward hiccup fell back to 1.55 million live viewers for episode 14 ‘The Rotten Core’, serving the lowest numbers yet for season 11 of The Walking Dead.
To be fair, episode 15 ‘Trust’ did receive 1.67 million live viewers, but that’s to be expected as shows usually gain numbers as they reach the finale. I’m looking forward to what episode 16 ‘Acts of God’ will get and if more people will be interested in tuning in once Part 3 releases. (via Wikipedia)
Apparently, Luke (Dan Fogler) might come back for Part 3. And yes, we kind of forgot about him. There are just way too many characters running around.
We also talked about filming recently wrapping up for The Walking Dead. A zombie-centric TV show going on for 11 seasons, regardless of quality, is an impressive run.
Anyway, here’s our The Bitching Dead Issue 47 webcast!
Here are the highlights in no particular order:
- ‘Trust’ was an episode that happened. It wasn’t bad per se, but it also wasn’t anything that got us talking. We did like the Princess and Mercer romantic stuff though. Tara also liked Eugene being romantic with Max.
- Ezekiel and Tomi getting caught was predictable.
- All three of us will be very surprised if Ezekiel’s able to survive Part 3.
- Hershel allowing Lance to threaten him like that made no sense to us. Hershel was quick to pull a gun on Negan in the previous episode and we know he’s lived a tough life with Maggie. He should have cursed at Lance and walked away or at least yelled for Maggie.
- Daryl aiming his gun at Lance and telling him he’s messing with the wrong woman (Maggie) made for a fun little scene. The last thing you do is threaten Maggie’s son.
- Maggie’s hand-to-hand fight with Leah was well-choreographed. It made sense for Leah to be injured before the confrontation to give Maggie a chance against her.
- Yes to Daryl killing Leah. I would have preferred Leah to see him shoot her though.
- The existence of the car graveyard to help provide cover to Daryl, Aaron, and Gabriel while fighting a bunch of Commonwealth soldiers was a bit too convenient.
- Bekah pointed out how Gabriel was using his blind eye to aim through the gun’s scope. Jesus, take the gun. I guess.
- The Commonwealth banners being displayed on the gates of Hilltop, Alexandria, and Oceanside made for a cool-looking visual.
- With Aaron not being able to return to Alexandria, who is looking after Gracie (The Savior Community Baby) and Adam (The Whisperer Community Baby)? Will Lance go after them?
- The locusts in ‘Acts of God’ were so pointless. We could tell what the writers were trying to do, but it was just ‘meh!’. Stop trying to be artsy, The Walking Dead. It never works.
- Connie and her crew seem to be rushing. They are going to get themselves in trouble.
- Bekah recommended watching Upload season 2 while Tara and I would like you to watch Raised by Wolves. I did recap and review videos for Raised by Wolves over on our YouTube channel.
- Tara and Bekah are looking forward to Ice and Fire Con!
What did you think of The Walking Dead season 11 episodes 15 and 16? Are you excited about Part 3?
Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary