Fans of the long-running Fast and Furious franchise can look forward to owning Fast X soon enough. The action-packed movie, from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, will be available on Digital come August 1, 2023, followed by a 4K UHD and Blu-ray release on August 8, 2023.
The upcoming home release of Fast X will be accompanied by over an hour of bonus content for fans to enjoy. And yes, a gag reel and feature commentary are included! Yay!
Fast X stars Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris ‘Ludacris’ Bridges, John Cena, Nathalie Emmanuel, Jordana Brewster, Sung Kang, Brie Larson, Charlize Theron, and more, with Jason Momoa making his debut as the villain.
The premise of the latest chapter deals with Dom Toretto’s family and friends being targeted by Dante, the son of the nefarious kingpin from 2011’s Fast Five. Dante has studied Dom’s crew and knows exactly where and how to hurt them.
If you are interested, you can read my thoughts on Momoa’s queer-coded villainous Dante here.
The Bonus features on the 4K, Blu-ray, and Digital release include:
- THIS IS FAMILY – Reunite with the core family as the story introduces new characters, travels across continents, showcases epic stunts, and gets personal about the beginning of the end of the decades-spanning franchise.
- FAST BREAKS: SCENE BREAKDOWNS WITH LOUIS LETERRIER* – Director Louis Leterrier gives insight into some of the magic that went into making Fast X.
- XTREME RIDES OF FAST X – Take a closer look at how classic cars from the franchise were rebuilt for Fast X, and which new vehicles are customized and introduced to enhance the series.
- BELLES OF THE BRAWL – Watch the women of the franchise add their special talents to huge fight scenes, from rehearsal to the real thing.
- TUNED INTO RIO – Revisit the past as the story takes fans back to Rio de Janeiro, where they will experience a non-stop party, exotic cars, and a classic quarter-mile street race.
- JASON MOMOA: CONQUERING ROME* – Watch Momoa discuss his approach to the character of Dante and what went into performing his stunts.
- LITTLE B TAKES THE WHEEL – See Leo Abelo Perry being introduced as Little B.
- A FRIEND IN THE END – Get a special look at the end-credits scene.
- GAG REEL*
- MUSIC VIDEOS
- “TORETTO” by J Balvin
- “ANGEL PT. 1” by Kodak Black & Nle Choppa (featuring Jimin of BTS, JVKE & Muni Long)
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR LOUIS LETERRIER*
* Included on all formats including DVD
The 4K UHD of Fast 10 has an Aspect Ratio of Widescreen 16:9 2.39:1. The Layers are BD 100.
As for the Blu-ray, it’s presented in the same Aspect Ratio as the 4K UHD release. The Layers, however, come in at BD 50.
The Layers for the DVD is DVD 9.
The run time comes in at approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes. And the film has been rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, language, and some suggestive material.
Fast X was released in the USA on May 19, 2023. With a reported production budget of $340 million, the film has gone on to gross around $719 million at the global box office.
Fast X is the first chapter in the planned two-part finale. From what I know, the next chapter is supposed to release sometime in 2025.
Have you watched Fast X? What did you think of it?
Let us know.
(via Press Release)
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary