“The Addams Family” Animated Film Gets Digital, Blu-ray and DVD Release Dates!
Fans of the new The Addams Family animated film can look forward to owning it very soon. MGM and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment will be releasing it on Digital come December 24, 2019, and on Blu-ray, DVD, and On-Demand January 21, 2020.
The Addams Family CG animated film is from directors Conrad Vernon (Shrek 2, Madagascar 3) and Greg Tiernan (Sausage Party, Thomas & Friends). It boasts a star-studded voice cast including Oscar Isaac (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, X-Men: Apocalypse), Charlize Theron (Long Shot, Kubo and the Two Strings), Chloë Grace Moretz (The 5th Wave), Finn Wolfhard (It, Stranger Things), Nick Kroll (The Secret Life of Pets 2, Sing), Snoop Dogg, Bette Midler (Hocus Pocus, The First Wives Club) and Allison Janney (Minions).
Also, you should know it was recently nominated for two Annie Awards including “Best Character Design – Feature” and “Best Production Design – Feature.”
The Bonus Features on The Addams Family Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital are:
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Welcome to the Family – In this combined Making of/Character Profiles, we hear from the filmmakers and stars of The Addams Family about how the film came about, the animation process and insight into the characters.
- Life of a Scene – From black & white storyboards and layouts to animation and lighting, follow along with filmmakers as they bring to life a scene from the movie.
- Charades with Thing – There’s nothing quite like a game of Charades with your friends. But what happens when the person giving the clues isn’t exactly a person? What if he’s just… a hand? On talent day, stars of the film are invited to play Charades with Thing. Talent goes head-to-head, competing to see who can guess Thing’s clues. Graphics reveal the answers and keep score for each player.
- Addams Family Throwback
- “Haunted Heart” Lyric Video – performed by Christina Aguilera
- “My Family” Lyric Video – performed by Migos, Karol G, Rock Mafia & Snoop Dogg
The film is rated PG for macabre and suggestive humor, and some action. The approximate runtime comes in at 1 hour and 26 minutes.
The Addams Family was released in the US on October 11, 2019. It went on to gross more than $170 million at the worldwide box office against a reported production budget of $24 million. A sequel is currently scheduled for October 22, 2021.
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary