With only four episodes left, Gotham Season 4 offered interesting story progression this week in ‘That’s Entertainment.’ I’m looking forward to seeing how this season concludes.
I didn’t review last week’s episode on The Geekiary because it was a total mess. Much messier than what I can handle on Gotham. Long story short, we got introduced to Jerome’s twin brother, and the Lee and Nygma relationship kind of came between Nygmobblepot. I did rant about it a bit.
Anyway, the moment Jerome’s twin brother was introduced, fans knew what was going to happen. There are three different Jokers running around the DC Comics Universe (as far as I know). So, the show having more than one Joker makes sense, too. Also, as far as Gotham is concerned, the Joker is an idea, an inspiration which can turn anyone into a crazed villain.
‘The Entertainment’ revealed Jerome’s plan. He wanted to release his laughing gas in Gotham. It came as no surprise that Penguin wasn’t easy with the entire thing. I liked how the episode showed the contrast between the two. Penguin is a villain interested in power and money. Jerome, on the other hand, just wants chaos. So, of course, Oswald had to do something to stop Jerome, and he did. While Gordon handled things on the ground, Cobblepot steered away the blimp holding the laughing gas.
We also got a lot of Barbara this week. I understand some fans don’t see her as a leader. However, giving her such a role doesn’t make less sense than everything else happening on Gotham. Nothing really makes sense on this show. If some people are mad about Barbara’s new position (judging from certain online comments), it probably has more to do with not being comfortable with a woman being in charge of the League of Assassins.
Some thoughts and questions:
- Kitty Selina showing up for Baby Bruce’s birthday was very cute!
- With Jeremiah now being the show’s new Joker, I’m looking forward to seeing what he does next. He already has a proto-Harley Quinn.
- Why is the Riddler not spending time with Penguin?
- At this point, I’ll ship Penguin and Gordon. Ha!
- I hope Tabitha gets something to do soon.
- Why didn’t any of the Wayne Enterprise scientists try and ruin the chemical composition of the laughing gas?
- Where did Alfred get the money to buy Baby Bruce a bulletproof car? Did he buy Baby Bruce a birthday gift using Wayne money? Wow!
- I liked the little nod to the 60’s Batman show.
What did you think of Gotham this week? Did you enjoy ‘The Entertainment’? Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary