Megalopolis has opened doors for collectors to invest and help it grow. Such an opportunity does look very interesting for collectors who wish to play a role in promoting a geek-centric brand. The campaign has already passed the minimum funding goal.
I covered Megalopolis – City of Collectibles back in September of 2018 and got to interview the founders. In my opinion, this company continues to work hard to foster a relationship with its customers.
And now, the customer base can become more involved in the brand’s growth by becoming investors.
According to the company, the reasons to invest include:
- Quick Growth – $2.3M gross toy sales in the first 18 months of operation
- Loyal Customers – 75% of total gross revenue from repeat customers
- Expanding Channels – Launched mobile app in July 2019 w/ 5,000+ downloads
After launching a Start Engine campaign, Megalopolis has already surpassed its minimum funding goal of $10,000. But it still has 40 days to reach its goal of $1.07 million.
Below is some additional information about the perks of becoming an investor.
Starter Pack – Invest $200+
- Receive a Toy Overlord Pinmate as a token of our gratitude
Level I: Fanboy – Invest $500+
- $25 Megalopolis gift card + choice of free Megalopolis gift shop t-shirt + lifetime subscription to the Megalopolis Stream + previous perks*
Level II: Iron – Invest $1000+
- $250 Megalopolis gift card + Megalopolis exclusive figure—Boss Fight Studio Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. Darvold + previous perks*
Level III: Bronze – Invest $2500+
- $500 Megalopolis gift card + Boss Fight Studio Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. Bundle (about $250 worth of product) that is compatible with our exclusive + previous perks*
Level IV: Silver – Invest $5000+
- Digital download of exclusive, previously unseen Overlordin’ Ain’t Easy animated short + lifetime free shipping + previous perks*
Level V: Gold – Invest $10,000+
- Double loyalty points for life** + Level IV: Silver
Level VI: Platinum – Invest $25,000+
- Triple loyalty points for life** + Level IV: Silver
Level VII: Diamond – Invest $50,000+
- Mythic Legions action figure autographed by H. Eric Mayse (Cornboy) of 4Horsemen Toy Design + 5% bonus shares + Level VI: Platinum
Level VIII: Hero – Invest $75,000+
- Your choice of an all-expense-paid trip to either Salt Lake City to meet the owners of Megalopolis & see the headquarters or a trip to New York with the team for the New York Toy Fair. Both include Level VII: Diamond which includes 5% bonus shares
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary