Surprise! More Steven Universe Airing in December
When Cartoon Network announced that the new Steven Universe episode “Gem Harvest” was airing on November 17th, many SU fans assumed that it was the last one we’d get in 2016. But there was a new round of announcements yesterday, including a blurb about how we’re getting more Steven Universe on December 1st!
Of course, more Steven Universe isn’t the only thing on the roster – there will also be holiday-themed episodes of The Powerpuff Girls, Clarence, Teen Titans Go!, We Bare Bears, Uncle Grandpa, and Regular Show. All of these episodes are airing back-to-back on December 1st, beginning with The Powerpuff Girls at 5 PM Eastern and following the aforementioned order, with the Steven Universe episode airing at 8:30 PM Eastern to conclude the evening. The entire schedule is as follows:
The Powerpuff Girls
Thursday, Dec. 1 at 5 p.m. (ET/PT)
- “Snow Month” – After a snow day saves Blossom from having to face a boy who’s asked her out, she decides to use her ice breath to keep it going even if that means plunging Townsville into eternal winter complete with monstrous yetis!
Thursday, Dec. 1 at 5:30 p.m. (ET/PT)
- “Merry Moochmas” – It’s wintertime in Aberdale and Clarence is convinced his winter wish for snow in Arizona will come true! However, his classmate Belson along with his grumpy cousin Gary Mooch are a little tougher to convince.
Teen Titans Go!
Thursday, Dec. 1 at 6 p.m. (ET/PT)
- “Teen Titans Save Christmas” – Santa calls it quits so the Titans must pitch in to save the holiday.
We Bare Bears
Thursday, Dec. 1 at 7 p.m. (ET/PT)
- “Christmas Parties” – The Bears have been invited to all their friends’ Christmas parties. In an effort to have time to crash Nom Nom’s huge star-studded bash, the Bears first try to make quick stops at all their friends’ parties throughout the night.
Thursday, Dec. 1 at 7:45 p.m. (ET/PT)
- “Chill Out”– Uncle Grandpa takes a kid to the North Pole for an epic snowball battle.
Thursday, Dec. 1 at 8 p.m. (ET/PT)
- “Christmas in Space” – The guys celebrate their first Christmas in space by opening presents, eating peppermint bark and telling Christmas stories. Benson wants the stories to be more Christmas-y, but the guys keep adding scary elements, which only infuriate their boss.
Thursday, Dec. 1 at 8:30 p.m. (ET/PT)
- “Three Gems and a Baby” – Greg tells Steven the story of his first winter with Steven.
While it’s definitely surprising that Cartoon Network is airing new episodes of so many of their shows in December (a month often shunned by them, along with plenty of other networks), I for one can’t wait for more Steven Universe!
Are you more excited for “Gem Harvest” this month or “Three Gems and a Baby” next month? Let us know in the comments!
Author: Tara Lynne
Tara Lynne is an author, fandom and geek culture expert, and public speaker. She founded Ice & Fire Con, the first ever Game of Thrones convention in the US, and now runs its parent company Saga Event Planning.
*Read our before commenting.*
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.