Being promoted as the world’s first action-adventure board game from Big Potato, What Next? will be available on Amazon this August for MSRP $50. We are board game players at The Geekiary and this upcoming offering does look very interesting.
What Next? can be played solo or with a group of up to 4 people. The mission is to navigate your way through a selected adventure, overcome obstacles, and reach the end. The unique thing about this board game is the inclusion of physical challenges.
The Key Features include:
- A one-of-a-kind game – No other “choose-your-own-adventure” style game has ever included physical challenges. What Next? is ready to give you a very different experience.
- Filled with cooperative fun – What Next? is about completing the journey by working together. Every player is on the same team.
- Perfect for RPG-newbies – This game has been designed to be easier than your usual tabletop RPGs.
- Super immersive for RPG-lovers – You get to choose from three adventures filled with unpredictability and drama.
- No journey is ever the same – To offer a high level of replayability, each adventure is packed with different events, challenges, and rewards for you to explore them in many different ways.
Going by what I saw in the “How to Play” video, there are currently three adventures for you or your group to choose from. We have:
- Drums of Koala Cave – Kind of easy
- The Sky Scraper Caper – Tricky
- Blinky’s Great Escape – Pro
Each adventure comes with its own set of Location, Event, and Item cards. I like the design of the time dial that plays an important role during the play session. As for the physical portion of this board game, depending on the circumstances, you will need to:
- Shape Build – Arranging the blue puzzle pieces into the right shape.
- Puck Push – Shoot the puck to land in the highlighted zone.
- Item Search – Search the item bag for the correct shape.
Other challenges include Minigames (that occur in very specific adventures). There’s also the intense “Tower of Peril” game mechanic.
Watch this video to get a better idea of what’s in store!
You can learn more about the What Next? board game by visiting the official website.
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
(via press release)
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary