Batman: The Long Halloween – Part Two will be available for fans to enjoy on Digital come July 27, 2021, and on Blu-ray on August 10, 2021. The upcoming animated film has been rated R for some violence and bloody images. I am excited!
Serving as the conclusion to the two-part story, Batman: The Long Halloween – Part Two (running time of 87 minutes) has been produced by Warner Bros. Animation, DC and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. It will include the latest DC Showcase animated short, Blue Beetle.
The Blu-ray of Batman: The Long Halloween – Part Two will cost you USA $34.98 SRP/Canada $39.99 SRP. Take note; in 2022, Batman: The Long Halloween – Part Two will be available on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack as a combined film presentation with Batman: The Long Halloween – Part One.
As I have shared already, the first part will be available for you to enjoy on Digital and Blu-ray on June 22, 2021.
The official descriptions reads:
Inspired by the iconic mid-1990s DC story from Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale, Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two continues as the Holiday Killer is still at large and, with Bruce Wayne under the spell of the venomous Poison Ivy, Batman is nowhere to be found. Liberated by an unlikely ally, Bruce quickly uncovers the real culprit: Poison Ivy’s employer Carmine Falcone. The Roman, his ranks decimated by Holiday and his business spinning out of control, has been forced to bring on less desirable partners – Gotham City’s rogues’ gallery. In the meantime, Harvey Dent is confronting battles on two fronts: attempting to end the mob war while also dealing with a strained marriage. And, after an attack that leaves Harvey hideously disfigured, the District Attorney unleashes the duality of his psyche that he’s strived his entire life to suppress. Now, as Two-Face, Dent decides to take the law into his own hands and deliver judgment to those who’ve wronged him, his family and all of Gotham. Ultimately, the Dark Knight must put together the tragic pieces that converged to create Two-Face, the Holiday Killer, Batman and Gotham City itself.
As for some of the cast, we have:
- Jensen Ackles as the voice of Batman/Bruce.
- The late Naya Rivera as Catwoman/Selina Kyle.
- Josh Duhamel as Harvey Dent/Two-Face.
- Billy Burke as Commissioner James Gordon.
- Katee Sackhoff as Poison Ivy.
- Titus Welliver as Carmine Falcone.
- Julie Nathanson as Gilda Dent.
- David Dastmalchian as Calendar Man & The Penguin.
- Troy Baker as The Joker.
- Amy Landecker as Barbara Gordon & Carla Vitti.
The entire filmmaking team returns for Batman: The Long Halloween – Part Two as led by supervising producer Butch Lukic (Justice Society: World War II, Superman: Man of Tomorrow), director Chris Palmer (Superman: Man of Tomorrow), and screenwriter Tim Sheridan (Reign of the Supermen, Superman: Man of Tomorrow). Producers are Jim Krieg (Batman: Gotham by Gaslight) and Kimberly S. Moreau (Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). Executive Producer is Michael Uslan. Sam Register is also an Executive Producer.
Batman: The Long Halloween – Part Two – Special Features
- Blu-ray and Digital
- DC Showcase – Blue Beetle (New Animated Short) – Sufferin’ Scarabs! Silver Age Blue Beetle is back! And, had he ever starred in a 1960s Saturday-morning limited-animation cartoon with its own jazzy earworm of a theme song, it would have been just like this! Welcome to the adventures of Ted Kord, alias the Blue Beetle, as he teams up with fellow Super Heroes Captain Atom, The Question and Nightshade to battle that nefarious finagler of feelings, Doctor Spectro.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Animated Movie – An advanced look at Injustice.
- DC Universe Movies Flashback
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2
- Batman: Hush
- From the DC Vault
- Batman: The Animated Series – “Two-Face, Part 1”
- Batman: The Animated Series – “Two-Face, Part 2”
Here’s the trailer!
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
(via press release)
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary