FEELINGS Daily: Everyone Freaked Out About Xena and Chris Evans Directed a Movie
It’s been quite the emotional rollercoaster. First The Hollywood Reporter announced that NBC was working on a Xena reboot, and the world rejoiced… then Lucy Lawless shot it down and everyone was sad again. Also people still haven’t figured out why Hope Van Dyne was the one wearing the suit in Ant-Man (when Magic Mike XXL is more feminist than you’re, you’ve got to ask some hard questions), and I FINALLY started watching The 100. I’m happy to report that it is as good as everyone says it is.
OMG The Muppet’s Pilot Pitch!
The Greenlighter Parody trailer draws attention to the lack of female superhero films
Imagine if everyone in Jurassic Park wore heels!
This one’s for our girl Erin – Tom Hiddleston narrates an interactive tour of the Crimson Peak Mansion. (via The Mary Sue)
Chris Evans directed a MOVIE, now normally I’m not really here for another white boy directed manic pixie dream romance (although in this case he seems to be a manic pixie dream boy), BUT this is Chris Evans and I am fangirl attached to him so I am very proud of this achievement. Also I’m a total sucker for a fate driven rom com so I probably would have watched it anyway (shut up, we all have dark secrets, mine is an un-ironic love of romance). Before We Go is now available On Demand.
Ava DuVernay revealed WHY she turned down the opportunity to direct Marvel’s Black Panther: “Everyone’s interested in different things. This is my art. This is what will live on after I’m gone. So it’s important to me that that be true to who I was in this moment. And if there’s too much compromise, it really wasn’t going to be an Ava DuVernay film” she said at the 2015 BlogHer conference. (via Hypable)
In Other News:
- A restaurant inspired by Twin Peaks is opening in London! Tickets for the three-course meal, including a cocktail, are £65 per person. Tickets for the themed bar only are £5 per person. Check it out here.
- Martin Freeman has all but confirmed who he’ll be playing in Captain America: Civil War… I don’t want to post spoilers here so if you want to know more head to The Mary Sue.
- Game of Thrones writer Bryan Cogman is set to write the script for Disney’s live action reboot of The Sword in the Stone. (via Mashable)
- Robbie Amell and Lauren Ambrose are heading to The X-Files! (via The Holllywood Reporter)
- This farewell to Matt Fraction’s Hawkeye pretty much sums up all my feels on the topic – such a good run. (via Nerd Core Movement)
- Cosmopolitan got 5 Magic Mike XXL extras to share their wildest stories and it is beautiful! I know it sounds silly but just read it okay. (via Cosmopolitan)
- “Orlando Jones needs to GTFO of our fandom”: Supernatural conventions and gate-keeping – Interesting paper by Bertha Chin. Read it here.
Finally here’s Jessica Jones’ creator Michael Bendis’s reactions to the Netflix series.
P.S. on the Is Jon Snow really dead front – Kit Harrington was spotted flying into Belfast. (via Mashable)
Author: Undie Girl
Undie Girl (aka Von) has a BA (Hons) Major in Cultural Studies. The title of her honours thesis was “It’s just gay and porn”: Power, Identity and the Fangirl’s Gaze. She’s currently pursuing a Masters of Media Practice at University of Sydney. Von’s a former contributor The Backlot’s column The Shipping News and a current co-host of The Geekiary’s monthly webcast FEELINGS… with The Geekiary.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary