The final chapter in the Halloween saga, Halloween Ends, will be available for fans to add to their collection very soon. Look for Halloween Ends on Digital come November 15, 2022. The 4K UHD, Blu-ray, and DVD releases will follow on December 27, 2022.
From Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, the upcoming home release of Halloween Ends will include extra content for fans to enjoy. The film stars iconic Scream Queen and Final Girl Jamie Lee Curtis as Lorie Strode as she experiences the conclusion to the decades-long threat posed by Michael Myers.
As for the extras, they clock in at more than 30 minutes, featuring never-before-seen content, deleted scenes, featurettes with the cast and crew, and even a special gag reel. Of course, for me, the pièce de résistance is the feature commentary with co-writer/director David Gordon Green, actors Andi Matichak and Rohan Campbell, and more. The feature commentary alone has made me all excited for the upcoming home release!
The official description of the film reads:
The most acclaimed and revered horror franchise in film history reaches its epic, terrifying finale as Laurie Strode (Curtis) faces off for the last time against the embodiment of evil, Michael Myers (James Jude Courtney). Michael hasn’t been seen for four years after the events of Halloween Kills. Laurie lives with her granddaughter Allyson (Andi Matichak) and has chosen to liberate herself from fear and rage and embrace life. When a young man is accused of killing a boy he was babysitting, a cascade of violence and terror is ignited with a final confrontation between Laurie and Michael unlike any ever captured on screen. Only one of them will survive.
And here’s the trailer!
The Bonus Features on the 4K UHD, Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital are:
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Michael Shakes Things Up
- Joan’s Bunny Slam
- Corey Reflects Upon Himself
- Ronald’s Stuck at Work
- Margo Gets the Boot
- Joan’s Recipe for Disaster
- Ending Halloween – The franchise could never truly end without a decisive showdown between Laurie and Michael. You will get to explore the creative team’s approach to crafting the film’s final sequence.
- Final Girl – The iconic Jamie Lee Curtis discusses the legacy of Laurie Strode and what playing the character has meant to her.
- No Place Like Haddonfield – Filmmakers and cast reveal some of the secret ingredients that make Halloween productions so special and their personal feelings on being a part of such a classic franchise.
- Gag Reel
- A Different Threat – As Haddonfield evolves to a new era, this piece examines how the evil within has also evolved.
- The Visions of Terror – See how various production departments came together to achieve the film’s unique visual style.
- Twisted Deaths – An up-close look at some of the gruesome death scenes.
- Feature Commentary with co-writer/director David Gordon Green, actors Andi Matichak and Rohan Campbell, co-producer/first assistant director Atilla Salih Yücer, and production assistant Hugo Garza.
Those who purchase Halloween Ends on disc or digital will be eligible to earn points toward digital movies via the Universal All-Access Rewards program. Members (you can register at www.MyUniversalRewards.com) can redeem their points for digital movies, swag, and more.
The 4K UHD and Blu-ray versions of Halloween Ends are presented at an Aspect Ratio that’s Widescreen 16:9 2.39:1. The sound is – English (Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital 2.0 for Bonus Content), Latin American Spanish (Dolby Digital Plus 7.1) and French Canadian (Dolby Digital 5.1).
The DVD is also presented at an Aspect Ratio of Widescreen 16:9 2.39:1. The sound is – English (Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital 2.0 for Bonus Content), Latin American Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1) and French Canadian (Dolby Digital 5.1).
The film has been rated R for bloody horror violence and gore, language throughout, and some sexual references. The runtime is approximately 1 hour and 50 minutes.
Halloween Ends was released in the US on October 14, 2022. It was also available to stream on paid tiers of Peacock. With a reported budget of $33 million, as of writing this, the film went on to collect more than $102 million at the global box office.
Did you watch Halloween Ends? Are you excited to listen to the feature commentary?
Let us know.
(via press release)
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary