Marvel’s annual one-shot that celebrates LGBTQIA+ characters and creators returns this June! Marvel’s Voices: Pride #1 includes a number of stories centering around queer characters in the Marvel universe, written and illustrated by the comic giant’s queer talent.
In addition to fan favorites and traditional mainstays like Black Cat, Hulkling, and Wiccan, this year’s Marvel’s Voices: Pride #1 will feature exciting character debuts (like last year’s Escapade) as well as lead-in stories to upcoming titles.
Here is what fans to expect to see in 2023’s installment:
- Writer Steve Foxe and artist Rosi Kämpe bring Gimmick, the breakout character from 2020’s Children of the Atom, to the forefront along with more fan-favorite X-Men students for a prelude story to DARK X-MEN, a new series launching during FALL OF X!
- An all-new hero takes on the classic mantle of “Nightshade” to protect her Chicago community in a rousing story by writer Stephanie Williams and artist Héctor Barros. Fans can see her for the first time on superstar artist Phil Jimenez’s MARVEL’S VOICES: PRIDE #1 variant cover!
- Join Felicia Hardy at New Orleans Pride where a score for untold riches pits her against the Thieves Guild in a story by writer Sarah Gailey and artist Bailie Rosenlund.
- Emmy-winning TV writer Shadi Petosky (The Sandman) pens her first Marvel Comics story alongside artist Roberta Ingranata! Wiccan and Hulkling are on a much-needed getaway when the beloved couple finds themselves stranded. Luckily, they befriend an all-new super hero who lends a helping hand! Meet Lacie Lorraine and learn about her fascinating origins in a riveting journey across space and time.
- The Spider-Verse’s most fabulous super hero is back to slay another day in an all-new Web-Weaver adventure by writer Katherine Locke and artist Joanna Estepand.
- Author H.E. Edgmon (THE WITCH KING) and artist Lorenzo Susi introduces a wild new symbiote character: MUZZLE! See Spidey learn the hard way that this is one symbiote baddie you don’t want to mess with when he has a run-in with Muzzle and his crew of vigilantes!
- Jumbo Carnation shows off his latest fashions in a story written and drawn by Stephen Byrne!
- Writer Marieke Nijkamp and artist Pablo Collar smash the fourth wall with a romance story starring Gwenpool!
- Plus, an introduction by Star Trek: Discovery actress Mary Chieffo, interviews, and more!
Variant covers for Marvel’s Voices: Pride #1 will include characters from the Marvel Comics universe as well as some from a galaxy far, far away.
The issue hits stands June 14.
Speaking of queer characters, June will also see the launch of a new Loki limited series. Loki is just one of the many LGBTQIA+ Marvel characters whose adventures can be celebrated this June, alongside Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain, New Mutants: Lethal Legion, Star Wars: Doctor Aphra, and Star Wars: Sana Starros. Upcoming Marvel Unlimited Infinity releases include titles like Astonishing Iceman, Alpha Flight, and Dark X-Men.
Author: Jamie Sugah
Jamie has a BA in English with a focus in creative writing from The Ohio State University. She self-published her first novel, The Perils of Long Hair on a Windy Day, which is available through Amazon. She is currently an archivist and lives in New York City with her demon ninja vampire cat. She covers television, books, movies, anime, and conventions in the NYC area.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary