Season five of Orphan Black will hold a bittersweet spot in the hearts of fans as it is the “final trip” but also where we will get the answers we crave and the swan song of the incredible cast and writers. There’s an end in sight, but at least we have Blu-ray and DVD news!
The final season of Orphan Black will be released in the US on Blu-ray and DVD on September 12, 2017. The discs will feature all episodes of season five as well as some incredible bonus content. The official synopsis is below:
In the final season of this critically acclaimed drama starring, Emmy®-award winning actress Tatiana Maslany, fans follow the last showdown between Sarah and Rachel- the clone who’s sought to destroy her and her sestras from day one. Cosima and Alison, and their allies have been brought to heel. Even more harrowing is that Sarah’s daughter Kira has joined them in surrender. Rachel, sitting at the head of the Neolution table, has carte blanche access to their clone biology, and with Helena pregnant with twins, her biology is the most coveted of all. Sarah, and those still able to fight, will uncover the missing pieces of the insidious conspiracy – and finally free themselves from the tyranny that has taken over their lives. Despite the great risk, the fight of her life will either set her and her sestras free, or see them meet their end.
Here’s a taste of what we will get in the bonus content:
- Island of Lost Soul: a detailed look at the Revival Village set and P.T. Westmoreland’s Cabinet of Curiosities.
- The Epic Clone Show: a behind-the-scenes view of Orphan Black‘s trickiest visual effects ever – the one-take clone switcheroo.
- Clone-Centric: a deep dive with the cast and creators of Orphan Black as they recollect Season Five’s unique clone-specific episodes, each spotlighting a different fan-favorite character.
- The Beginning of the End: where fans can watch the cast and crew recount the pivotal moment in Season Five that made them realize that the show was truly ending.
- Out of the Black: a reflection on the series from the cast and crew as they work together to film two challenging final clone scenes.
Even though fans’ hearts are breaking a little to come to the end of the series, the DVD will allow us to keep the stories and characters alive forever. Until then, you can continue to watch season five of Orphan Black on BBC America at Saturdays at 10 pm Eastern.
Erin has reviewed many shows over the years including Orphan Black, iZombie, Penny Dreadful, and Killing Eve. She has a keen eye for on-screen chemistry, and loves to tackle the subject of casting. She is also our horror aficionado. She live tweets shows, and loves to share her feelings. Erin has a BA in History, and likes to analyze the lore behind historical fiction. She attends San Diego Comic Con every year and has also attended C2E2 and WonderCon.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary