The Resident Evil and Silent Hill inspired top-down survival horror shooter Outbreak will land on Steam on 17 January, 2017!
Developed by Dead Drop Studios, Outbreak boasts both single and multiplayer modes. Each gameplay will be unique due to random enemy and item placement. Multiplayer gameplay will use cloud servers.
Here’s the official synopsis:
An unknown turn of events from a government-funded cancer research project at the Arzt Memorial Hospital has led to a mysterious outbreak. You and three of your friends take control of four characters:
* Seasoned police officer.
* Increased damage resistance.
* Starts with a pistol.
* Computer scientist and engineer.
* Takes more damage.
* Starts with a lockpick.
* Bioscience college student.
* Regenerates health faster.
* Starts with a healing item.
* Larger inventory than the others.
* Can’t combine healing salves.
The four strangers must become the closest of allies to fight off the undead horde as a team and discover who (or what) is responsible for unleashing this nightmare.
Outbreak’s unforgiving difficulty will test your nerves and force you to think on your feet. You’re thrown into an intense and difficult survival situation with limited inventory space for equipment, no pausing, challenging puzzles, and ONE LIFE.
Be ready to face flaming monstrosities, poisonous undead canines, and more! Fortunately, a wide array of weaponry and additional equipment is scattered throughout the hospital facility: pistols, shotguns, assault rifles, axes, knives, climbing picks, and even grenade launchers. Don’t forget to look for opportunities to combine items in your inventory to get the most out of them — such as mixing healing salves for stronger effects. You can even trade with your teammates to make sure everyone has the most suitable gear.
Check out the trailer!
The key features include:
- Friendly play: 4-player online co-op multiplayer featuring voice chat.
- Dark atmosphere: Explore a deserted hospital infested by the undead.
- Brutal difficulty: Your character only has a single life; includes 3 difficulty settings.
- Limited inventory: Decide which items are worthy, and which should be left behind.
- Expansive arsenal: Defend yourself with a multitude of firearms and melee weapons.
- Challenging puzzles: Scour each room to solve puzzles and learn about the outbreak.
- High replay value: Semi-random enemy and item layouts make every playthrough unique.
- Distinct characters: Four playable characters with individual attributes and starting gear.
- Essential equipment: Earn during play or trade (Steam only) with other users.
Outbreak features full controller support. You can play it with Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers. It will be released for Steam on 17 January, 2017, for $10.49. The launch price is 30% off the actual $14.99 retail price. So, make sure to get this game at a discount before the launch sale ends on January 24.
It will also be available on Xbox One and the Windows Store in the near future.
I’m a fan of horror games. That is why I’m looking forward to playing Outbreak .
Are you excited about Outbreak? Let us know!
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary