Outbreak: Epidemic will be making it’s way to the Nintendo Switch come October 22, 2020. Are you ready to survive a horde of zombies?
According to the press release we got, Outbreak: Epidemic is the latest co-op survival game from Dead Drop Studios. It’s been described as the “most polished” as well as the “biggest” installment yet in the Outbreak series. The upcoming title is supposed to offer “nearly endless replayability” to players.
And for those wondering, the other 4 titles in the franchise will also be making their way to the Nintendo Switch in a few weeks.
The upcoming title has been “powered by the next-generation Outbreak engine and includes the Campaign, Onslaught, and Experiments modes from the Steam version – all sporting classic tough-as-nails gameplay for true survival horror aficionados.”
When playing on the Nintendo Switch, players will get to experience the over-the-shoulder horror-survival gameplay mechanic. Outbreak: Epidemic will make full use of the Joy-Con controllers, the touchscreen, and the HD Rumble.
Other features include:
- Quality Mode/Frame Rate Mode (Options Menu): Quality mode features higher-quality graphics with full dynamic shadows. Frame rate mode turns off full dynamic shadows thus greatly improving frame rate across the board.
- Portable Gameplay: This is the only game in the Outbreak series to be playable on a handheld device. The full content is being offered, uncut.
- Tabletop 2-Player Co-Op: You can play through the game with a friend in tabletop mode – or together in docked full-screen mode – using Joy-Con controllers. The Switch Pro Controller is supported as well!
The Key Features of Outbreak: Epidemic are:
- Claustrophobic over-the-shoulder gameplay.
- Classic Story, Onslaught, and Experiments modes available in solo play or co-op.
- Local 2-player split-screen co-op.
- Several firearms and melee weapon choices.
- Multiple difficulty settings: Easy, Normal, Biohazard, and Nightmare!
- No Internet connection required.
- Search areas, read logs, find keys, and solve puzzles to survive.
- Quality and Performance modes may be selected from the Options screen.
- Supports Switch Pro Controller, Joy-Cons in tabletop mode, and HD Rumble.
Outbreak: Epidemic is currently available for pre-order on the Nintendo Switch. It will be released on the Nintendo Switch on Thursday, October 22, 2020, for $12.74 (15% off). On October 28, 2020, the game will return to its original MSRP of $14.99.
As for Dead Drop Studios, it was founded by Connecticut-based engineer and game developer Evan Wolbach. The studio creates survival horror games inspired by hardcore, unforgiving gameplay mechanics.
You can learn more about Dead Drop Studios by visiting the official website.
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary