“Grand Guilds” Tactical RPG Releasing on PC & Nintendo Switch Q1 2020
After watching the promotional content for Grand Guilds, I have to say it seems like a Tactical RPG I’ll enjoy playing. Following the success of the Kickstarter campaign, independent games publisher Keybol Games and solo developer Drix Studios have announced the release of Grand Guilds for Nintendo Switch and Steam in Q1 2020.
Indie title Grand Guilds has been described as a story-driven, turn-based RPG with unique card combat mechanics. Players will need to travel through Irin, a continent on the brink of another war, and unveil a mystery that’s plaguing all the guilds of the land.
“Each playable character in Grand Guilds has unique mechanics and abilities,” shared Justin, founder of Drix Studios. “They even shout out their actions in combat and express their feelings during dialogues.”
The title was able to go over $30,000 during its Kickstarter campaign run in October and November. The game will be released first on Nintendo Switch and Steam, and will eventually be launched on PlayStation 4 and Xbox.
The official story description:
After a year-long mission, Eliza returns to the seemingly normal city of Ozryn when suddenly a horde of mysterious creatures set fire to the streets. Upon repelling the enemies, Eliza and her guild strive to discover where the attackers came from, only to realize that the phenomenon happened all over the continent… all at the same time. With her guild’s reputation on the line, she takes it upon herself to find and capture whoever is behind the attacks. It is up to Eliza and her trusted guildmates to discern the true motive behind the unusual assault before the other guilds of Irin suffer the same fate, or worse.
The Features include:
- Turn-Based Strategy – Learn and master the fundamentals of tactical combat. Positioning and terrain will mean the difference between victory and defeat.
- Card Combat System – A diverse set of skill cards will form the abilities of your units, making every turn more dynamic and each decision more important and meaningful.
- Deck Building – Tailor each character to your play style by customizing their skill decks. Obtain powerful new abilities by completing quests or leveling your characters.
- Guild Quests – Embark on challenging, procedural missions that yield exciting rewards. Increase your guild’s reputation to earn bonuses that will aid you in combat.
- Diverse Cast – Each playable character has unique mechanics and abilities that enable them to fill various roles in your squad such as tank, support, and damage dealer.
- Epic Narrative – Unravel the mysteries shrouding Irin, a continent on the brink of war. Follow Eliza and her companions as they journey through this vast, magical world.
- Voice Acting – Characters shout out their actions in combat and express their feelings during dialogue using short phrases.
Here’s the trailer!
As for Keybol Games, it is a video game development studio based in the City of San Fernando, Philippines. The company started out making browser games and now develops and publishes desktop, mobile, and console games.
Drix Studios is a one-man development studio run by Justin, aka Drix, a BS Computer Science graduate based in Naga, Philippines who has been drawing art since 2008 and started making games in 2012. You can get more information through Facebook and Twitter.
What are your thoughts about Grand Guilds? Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary