Award-winning virtual reality (VR) workout game BoxVR will be getting its retail debut on October 25, 2019, in North America for PlayStation VR. I’m a fan of games that allow you to be active while having a fun time.
BoxVR features vibrant graphics and high energy music. This boxing-inspired game “keeps users jabbing and weaving in time to the beat for an intense, entertaining workout experience.”
According to the official description of this game:
BoxVR is designed to keep users of all fitness levels in shape with high-intensity routines choreographed by professional instructors. Players can choose from 45 unique routines varying in length and intensity, or craft a custom workout of their own to best suit their needs.
The PlayStation VR retail version of BoxVR comes with the same high energy features previously released digitally including:
- Workouts by Fitness Experts – A team of leading fitness instructors is regularly consulted to produce a variety of revolving boxing workouts, specifically designed to destroy calories. From short three-minute warmups to 60+ minute endurance workouts, players will find everything needed to get their heart rates going.
- Custom Routines – My Workouts mode allows players to create as many custom routines as they want, controlling the length of their workout by building playlists from the 110 included music tracks, and adjusting the intensity of any routine.
- Exercise Partners – Getting in a workout can be easier with motivation from a buddy, so BoxVR supports multiplayer, allowing up to six people to tackle the same workout together, and see who can lock in the top score.
- Trackable Progress – Every workout is recorded, so players can track calories burned over time and see their progression made towards set goals.
- Musical Motivation – Over 100 different music tracks are available to customize the energy and tone of a workout, spanning genres including pop, rock, electronic dance music, drum and bass, hip hop, and more.
The game is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. Take note, PlayStation Camera and two PS Move controllers are required for this title.
As for Perp Games, it is a Video Game Publisher whose aim is “to help developers, in any way possible, bring extraordinary and exciting games to market.”
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary