PSVR Action-Adventure Game “The Wizards” Getting Physical Release This August!
High fantasy action adventure PlayStation VR game The Wizards – Enhanced Edition will be available at North American retail come August 6, 2019. Developed by Carbon Studio and published by Perp Games, the game will be available to pre-order soon for $29.99 USD through Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop and Target.
In The Wizards – Enhanced Edition, players assume “the role of a young sorcerer traveling through time to protect the ream of Meliora from destructive enemy forces. Casting elemental spells is key to freeze, burn or electrocute the legions of orcs, goblins, and dragons infesting the lands.”
As the players, you will unlock arcane secrets as you master the spell gestures, and learn to adapt your tactics to the fast-paced flow of combat.
There is a lot for fans to enjoy. The ‘Enhanced Edition’ adds a brand-new level to the Story Campaign for players to “explore a fresh map, face new battles, and dive into the expanded lore.”
Players seeking out some global competition can give the Arena Mode a try. There they will confront endless waves of enemies to see if they can “conjure up a spot” on the online scoreboards.
Fate Cards, discoverable in both game modes, can change the difficulty and rules to the player’s liking as they augment their skills or sacrifice their bonuses for high risk, high reward gameplay.
The Wizards – Enhanced Edition physical version features:
- Fantastical Story Campaign – The multi-part campaign offers players entrance into the enchanting fantasy world of Meliora, to travel through time and battle the vicious beasts threatening the destruction of the magical realm.
- Gesture-Based Spellcasting – Immersive spellcasting with intuitive hand gestures equips players with six element-based spells to learn, upgrade and master.
- Mystical Fate Cards – Discoverable throughout the game’s levels, these cards increase players’ modifiers to unlock new playstyles for increased replayability.
- Arena Mode – Three distinct survival environments are available for players that wish to invoke a true challenge, facing an endless onslaught of enemies to survive long enough to top the leaderboards.
- Three Motion Options – Includes teleportation-based exploration and free movement, using PlayStation controllers or 3dRudder, the foot motion controller for PlayStation VR.
The Wizards – Enhanced Edition is rated T by the ESRB for Fantasy Violence. Take note, two PlayStation Move Motion Controllers are required.
As for Perp Games, they are a video game publisher whose aim is “to help developers, in any way possible, bring extraordinary and exciting games to market.”
Carbon Studio is an independent studio creating video games and apps for multiple platforms and exploring the possibilities of Virtual Reality technology.
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Masters in Psychology and an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Arousing the Legacy, Missing in Somerville, The Game Master of Somerville, and The Escaped Murderer of Somerville. He gives us insight on comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.