Ivanovich Games has released the Early Access version of their party arcade racer Touring Karts on Steam Early Access. The title is priced at 19.99 USD/16.79 EUR (10% off during the first week). The game is also available on the Oculus Store.
The title will be offering “cross-platform Multiplayer support for up to 8 players between all platforms and not requiring a VR device to be enjoyed, thus granting the party for every player, regardless where they are and the device they use.”
The Key Features include:
- Power-ups originally designed to be used in VR can also be enjoyed on non-VR platforms.
- 3 views to choose that are specifically designed for VR: One free of dizziness, a classic one in 3rd person and the more immersive first-person view.
- 22 tracks and 30 customizable cars, all inspired in Formula 1 tracks and teams.
- Multiple Controls Compatibility: FFB steering wheels, motion simulators, VR controls, classic controls, etc.
- Quick Race Mode with all cars and tracks available from the get-go.
- Up to 8 players Online Multiplayer support with no waiting times. You will be training against the AI while your rivals enter the circuit.
- 3 Online Game Modes: Unique Daily Cups, Custom Play with your Friends and Random Play.
- Story-based Mode with more than 500 original challenges (+120h to complete) with collectible prizes. It can be completed in Single Player or Multiplayer Mode.
- Craft up to 45 new power-ups by combining the ones you already have and surprise your rivals!
“As fans of F1 and the Mario Kart saga, we were missing an experience that united these two worlds taking advantage of all the possibilities that Virtual Reality can offer. We wanted to bring all the excitement and crazy fun of the kart-type arcade games into a universe where we always find new challenges and where we can compete with our friends,” shared Ivan Cascales, Founder and CEO at Ivanovich Games.
According to the Press Release, this is what players can expect from Touring Karts during the life of the product:
- Seamless Cross-platform Multiplayer between mobile (iOS & Android), PC (Steam, Oculus Store, VIVE Port) and consoles (PS4 and Nintendo Switch).
- New online tournaments and special events.
- More options to customize your character, team, and cars.
As for Ivanovich Games, it’s a small studio based in Catalonia (Spain) and founded in 2010. The company has been focusing on “the creation of original arcade-style video games” with special attention “to Virtual Reality technologies. Some of their better known VR titles are Operation Warcade and Final Soccer.”
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary