Indie game development studio Quarant Inc. has released the chaotic gardening puzzle-game Grow Big (or Go Home) on Steam.
While I’m not against having plants at home, I don’t trust myself enough to fully take care of them. I’m not even sure if I can keep a cactus alive. Gardening is tough! Especially if you have more than one plant to look after. In my opinion, the chaos accompanying gardening (for those who don’t have a Green Thumb) has been displayed quite well in Grow Big (or Go Home).
According to the press release we got, Grow Big (or Go Home) is a 2D pixel-art indoor gardening simulator. The main character is named Bruce. He’s described as the “world’s most talented indoor gardner”. His (and your) gardening and puzzle-solving skills will be put to the test through 15+ fast-paced levels.
As Bruce, you will travel to different locations and eras. Players will have to do their best to water, light, and tend to a variety of plants.
There’s so much happening in the trailer! I can’t!
“We wanted to provide players with some hectic fun – easy enough to get into but challenging to master,” said Killian Mangan, Team/Creative Lead at Quarant Inc. “We are most proud of our entirely original music and our visually diverse pixel-art style.”
The Key Features include:
- 15 fast-paced levels set in unique locations spread across time and space.
- A procedurally-generated, replayable level set in Hell. (Ah yes, I always wanted to grow a plant in Hell. Ha!)
- Lovable characters such as protagonist gardening extraordinaire Bruce, his mischievous cat Apollo, and tiny alien Sir Bob.
- An innovative tutorial system that is integrated into the level select and game.
- Original music themed to the locations that the player visits.
- Clear yet challenging gameplay mechanics using common household objects in interesting ways.
- Plenty of other exciting features coming soon including a “hard mode”.
You can go ahead and buy Grow Big (or Go Home) right now on Steam. Due to a special launch day promotion, the title is 37% off. That means you can get it for $3.14 USD instead of $4.99 (until December 25, 2020). Support indie games and have fun!
As for Quarant Inc., it’s a Europe-based indie game dev studio. The devs are working on a terror game Alban: Dread by Darkness, set in an alternate history of Scotland where fire doesn’t exist.
Are you into gardening? Do you think you can help Bruce?
Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary