Dark Fantasy Action RPG “Warlander” Announced For PC!
Independent development studio Clock Drive Games has announced its debut title, the action-RPG Warlander. It features a “stunning dark fantasy” and will be coming to Steam in Q3 2019.
Warlander combines “story-driven adventure with fast-paced swordplay. Precision slicing meets ragdoll physics, creating a brutal and visceral combat experience.”
Offering a vivid art style and challenging level design, Warlander is set in “a grim and perilous world as a narrative-driven action game that allows players to customize their combat style through an in-game progression system.”
You can upgrade and acquire new abilities via three expansive and diverse skill trees. The result is a devastating combination of abilities.
” We drew inspiration for Warlander from games such as the classic Jedi Knight series and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, which we’re huge fans of,” said Goran Rajsic, creative director for Clock Drive Games. “We struck the perfect balance of sword-fighting gameplay, an in-game progression system, and customizable RPG elements that captured the essence of the genre but also added our own twist to it.”
The Features Include:
- A brutal combat system with unique swordplay that’s fun to play yet hard to master.
- Ragdoll physics and mesh slicing giving you the feeling of cutting through real flesh and creating satisfying finishing kills.
- A challenging enemy variety that requires tactical thinking and skillful swordplay.
- Fully voiced storyline with an immersive narrative focusing on the dynamic relationship between the hero and his sentient sword.
- Vivid art and character design.
- RPG character progression with multiple combat abilities and upgrades.
- Exploring a dark fantasy world filled with intrigue and danger.
- Replayable gameplay with different skills from skill trees.
- Using the environment itself as a weapon to crush your enemies.
Clock Drive Games is an indie game development studio from Serbia, “on a mission to turn dreams into games.” At the moment, Clock Drive Games consists of over 30 passionate and experienced game devs.
Feel free to share your thoughts about Warlander with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary