I’m familiar with the weirdness that occurs in indie games. However, I was still pleasantly surprised by the gameplay featured in KeyWe. Console players will be able to experience what I’m talking about when the title comes out sometime this summer.
Sold Out and Stonewheat & Sons have announced that KeyWe will be making its way to PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and the Nintendo Switch this summer. You can go ahead and Wishlist it on Steam right now. The game will have a physical and digital release (depending on the platform you want it on).
The upcoming game has been described as a “chaotic co-op” title where you’ll need to handle typing telegrams, shipping packages, and sending urgent messages. It all sounds normal until you find out the main protagonists are two postal-working kiwi birds!
I can’t! It’s so weird and I’m 100% into playing this game!
Here’s the trailer! Just look at these two cute little kiwis go.
“We are flapping with excitement to announce KeyWe for consoles,” said Joel Davis, Artist, and Animator at Stonewheat & Sons. “It was always our goal to bring KeyWe to as many players as possible, so we’re thrilled that players across all major consoles and PC will get to experience the fun and calamity of Bungalow Basin’s Telepost on day one.”
“After picking up the award for ‘Best Family Game’ at last year’s Gamescom awards, we’ve been so excited to share more details on KeyWe with everyone,” shared Katie Clark, Product Manager at Sold Out. “We can’t wait for players of all ages to discover the mailroom mayhem waiting for them in the full game this summer.”
The two small kiwi birds are named Jeff and Debra. The mailroom they work in is supposed to be “fun and frantic.” Having no hands, you will need to make the kiwi birds “jump, flap, peck, and butt-slam” their way to complete objectives by using interactive levers, bells, and buttons. It’s all about ensuring messages are delivered on time.
The Key Features Include:
- Mailroom mayhem – Take on the role of a postal-working kiwi bird and partner up with a friend to type out telegrams, send urgent messages, ship packages, and keep the mail flowing.
- Cute, chaotic co-op – Buddy up on the couch or flock online in chaotic co-op.
- Adorable single-player – Control both kiwi birds on a single controller to venture out on a solo mail service adventure.
- Perilous postal environments – Navigate mailroom desks and shipping rooms to become a master of the mail service.
- Seasonal silliness – Encounter hazards caused by wintery weather, autumnal thunderstorms, and more on the way to becoming postal pros.
- Customizable kiwis – Change the color of your kiwi’s feathers and unlock new accessories.
As for Stonewheat & Sons, it’s an indie dev team focused on games “radiate character, kindle the imagination, and foster memorable experiences.”
Are you excited about playing KeyWe?
Let us know.
(via press release)
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary