“Goner” Dinosaur-Themed Survival-Horror Game Launches Kickstarter
The Kickstarter for Goner has launched. I know that numerous people have been waiting for a well-made survival-horror game featuring dinosaurs. Here’s to hoping Goner delivers.
The Goner Kickstarter is for the title to be released on PC. According to the press release, indie game development studio Loco Players is behind it. Players will take on the role of Anthony Sunder. He’s “a son looking for his missing mother and her expedition crew. His search will lead him to the location of a ghost island inhabited by hostile members of a lost civilization and feral fauna you thought extinct.”
“There’re many dinosaur games but there has been no single-player, story-driven survival-horror game since Dino Crisis was released 20 years ago, and that one was not from the first-person perspective,” shared Yeray Schwartz, CEO at Loco Players.
The funds are meant to help with production and development costs. The current goal is set at $28,948. The funds will help to “improve core features such as animations, models and textures, as well as porting the game to other consoles and VR devices.”
The features included in Goner are:
- Self-manage your hunger, thirst, fatigue, temperature, and health.
- Hunt, collect, cook, drink, rest, or craft.
- Save your progress using a specific consumable in a safe room.
- Limited inventory capacity.
- Day and night cycles with sun and moon phases + weather system.
- Complex AI and behaviors.
- Camouflage your smell with mud or water.
- Two Game Modes: Survival and Story.
- Customize your appearance and defenses with self-made armor or clothes, building, and setting traps.
- The island will be filled with natural dangers such as toxic gases, poisonous flora, and fauna, lava, or quicksand.
Here’s the trailer!
The perks being offering through the Kickstarter include digital and physical goodies. You can even have your name appear in the game’s credits. Raptor and T-rex statues are up for grabs, too.
As for Loco Players, it’s based in the Canary Islands, Spain. The studio’s mission is to develop games they themselves enjoy playing. Goner is the studio’s first commercial title.
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary