Hand-Drawn Animated Game “Curse of the Sea Rats” Will Present at Gamescom 2019
Independent games developer Petoons Studio will be showing their upcoming hand-drawn animation “ratoidvania” Curse of the Sea Rats for the first time at Gamescom 2019 (August 20-22).
According to the press release, Curse of the Sea Rats is an “exploration-focused, side-scroller role-playing game leading a group of heroes who are transformed into rats by a pirate witch. Help them rescue the Admiral’s son and break the magic spell!”
“Curse of the Sea Rats is part of a transmedia project including an animated series, comic books, and toys,” says Sergio Garcia, CEO at Petoons Studio. “The game will become the first metroidvania starring rats.”
The game will feature 4 playable characters along with single and local multiplayer modes in which you will have to investigate 11 different scenarios in the coast of Ireland in 1777.
Curse of the Sea Rats is planned to be released on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam in 2021.
The Features Include:
- Packing all of the best features you’ve come to know from the Metroidvania genre into a single game starring rats!
- Investigate 11 different scenarios in a non-linear quest set in the coast of Ireland in 1777.
- 4 playable characters, local multiplayer mode, jam-packed with weapons and special abilities to upgrade.
- Beautiful hand-drawn animation with 2.5D graphics (2D models crafted on a 3D game environment).
- Story cut-scenes and NPC interactions fully voice acted by a professional cast.
- Rich twisting plot set in a breathtaking lush-color fantasy style.
- Suitable for every audience (from the casual to the hardcore gamer).
- Try completing 100% of the quest or speedrun to the end of the game.
- New DLC’s and free updates planned to engage our fans.
Petoons Studio is an independent games developer and animation studio from Barcelona, Spain. The team is built by a mix of talented artists and game developers pioneering the art of storyplaying. Their previous hit, Petoons Party, winner of the PlayStation Award – Best Kids Game (2018), is currently available on PS4 and PC and will be released on Switch and XO in 2019.
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary