It’s time for goblins to fight back and stop being used as fodder during fantastical adventures. Designed and developed by Vince McDonnell, the RPG offering Goblin Stone lets you help goblins survive humans, elves, and dwarves.
For those how don’t know, McDonnel is the former founder of The Playforge and creator of the iOS game Zombie Farm. The upcoming indie game Goblin Stone aims to offer a “charming” turn-based RPG featuring “stunning, procedurally generated hand-drawn 2D levels.”
As for the gameplay elements, you will be able to find and create your own goblin lair which will allow you to manage and improve your roster. You can also map your linage and draft the type of raiding party you want. It has been described as a mix of Darkest Dungeon, Slay The Spire, and a bit of Hearthstone.
Here’s the trailer!
I don’t know about you, but I’m intrigued by the concept of being involved in a story from the goblin’s perspective. I want to help these little green creatures stay safe!
While Goblin Stone is set to launch in early 2022 (I know. It feels like a long wait), at least, a public demo will be made available from March 29, 2021.
The Key Features include:
- Exploring a vast world with procedurally generated hand-drawn 2D levels.
- Building a great goblin lair chamber by chamber, where only ruins stood before.
- Battling despicable humans, elves, and dwarves in an innovative turn-based battle system.
- Taking a feeble ragtag group of goblins and selectively breed the next generation of genetically superior fighters.
- Listening as the narrator tells your story as you experience it.
- Expecting many goblins to perish. Permanently. With each death, a new ancestor strengthens your lineage.
- Building an adventuring party by mixing unique goblin classes such as the Raider, Guard, and Shaman.
- Deciding which goblins to keep and which to toss.
- Music by award-winning composer Peter McConnell.
As for the developer and publisher Orc Chop Games, it’s an indie game studio founded in Redwood City California with studios in Manila and Beijing through their partners at TOPGAME.
You can wishlist Goblin Stone right now at Steam.
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
(via press release)
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary