“Toy Story 4” Gets Digital, 4K UHD & Blu-ray Home Release This October!
Fans of Toy Story 4 can look forward to owning it on a number of different platforms when the home release begins rolling in this October. Woody’s latest adventure, from Disney and Pixar, will arrive on Digital in 4K Ultra HD, HD, and Movies Anywhere come October 1, 2019, and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD October 8, 2019.
Of course, the upcoming home release will feature tons of extra features for Toy Story 4 fans to enjoy.
Here’s the official description:
In “Toy Story 4,” Woody (voice of Tom Hanks) has always been confident about his place in the world, and that his priority is taking care of his kid, whether that’s Andy or Bonnie. So, when Bonnie’s beloved new craft-project-turned-toy Forky (voice of Tony Hale) calls himself “trash,” Woody decides to teach Forky how to embrace being a toy. But a road-trip adventure, including an unexpected reunion with his long-lost friend Bo Peep (voice of Annie Potts), shows Woody how big the world can be for a toy. In addition, carnival prizes Ducky (voice of Keegan-Michael Key) and Bunny (voice of Jordan Peele) bring a new level of fun to the film.
Along with the home release of the fourth installment, a complete series Digital bundle is available for pre-order.
Bonus Features (may vary by retailer)
Blu-ray & Digital:
- ‘Toy Stories – The Toy Story 4 cast and crew share their love of toys!
- Woody & Buzz – Take a look at the relationship between these two legendary characters.
- Bo Rebooted – Discover how Team Bo reimagined all aspects of Bo Peep’s identity to arrive at the fully realized character seen in the film.
- Toy Box – Enjoy a collection of mini-docs on the film’s memorable new characters, featuring the voice actors, director Josh Cooley and Pixar artists talking about the many elements that make these characters fun and lovable
- Let’s Ride With Ally Maki – Ally Maki, the voice of Giggle McDimples, learns all about Pixar’s dialogue recording process from director Josh Cooley and his team.
- Deleted Scenes introduced by director Josh Cooley including:
- Scamming Playtime
- Bo Knows Hippos
- Desperate Toys
- Recruit Duke
- She’s The One
- Audio Commentary, Trailers and more!
- Anatomy of a Scene: Prologue – Filmmakers and crew review key scenes of the movie and dissect the practical and technological methods used to bring them to life.
- Additional Deleted scene – Bonnie’s Playtime
Toy Story 4 features welcomes both veteran and new voices, including Tom Hanks as Woody, Tim Allen as Buzz Lightyear, Annie Potts as Bo Peep, Tony Hale as Forky, Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele as Ducky and Bunny, Madeleine McGraw as Bonnie, Christina Hendricks as Gabby Gabby, Keanu Reeves as Duke Caboom, Ally Maki as Giggle McDimples and Joan Cusack as Jessie. The voice cast also includes Jay Hernandez, Lori Alan, Bonnie Hunt, Kristen Schaal, Emily Davis, Wallace Shawn, John Ratzenberger, Blake Clark, the late Don Rickles, and Estelle Harris.
The animated film has been directed by Josh Cooley, and produced by Mark Nielsen and Jonas Rivera. Andrew Stanton, Lee Unkrich, and Pete Docter are executive producers, and Stanton and Stephany Folsom wrote the screenplay.
Longtime Toy Story collaborator Randy Newman composed the score and wrote two new original songs, “I Can’t Let You Throw Yourself Away,” performed by Newman, and “The Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy,” which is performed by Chris Stapleton for the end credits.
The film’s run time is approximately 100 minutes. It has been rated G in the US and Canada.
Toy Story 4 (read our review), as of yet, has grossed more than $1 billion at the global box office.
Feel free to share your thoughts about the movie with us.
Farid has a Masters in Psychology and an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Arousing the Legacy, Missing in Somerville, The Game Master of Somerville, and The Escaped Murderer of Somerville. He gives us insight on comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.