While fans wait for season 5 to be released, they can rewatch all of the episodes and enjoy extra content through the Rick and Morty Seasons 1 to 4 Box Set Blu-ray release from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. This home release includes a poster. We are also giving away a Digital Code!
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment provided me with a free copy of Rick and Morty Seasons 1 to 4 Box Set Blu-ray for review. The opinions I have shared are my own.
Created by Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon, Rick and Morty debuted on Adult Swim back in December of 2013. Since then, the sci-fi comedy show has been able to garner a passionate fandom. The fourth season premiered on November 20, 2019. With the finale airing on May 31, 2020, fans are waiting for the show’s fifth season. A total of 41 episodes have aired and you can own all of them in the Rick and Morty Seasons 1 to 4 Box Set Blu-ray release.
You can read my in-depth review of the season 4 Blu-ray release here.
To be honest, if you’re yet to buy the four seasons of Rick and Morty, this release is a good deal. It is priced to own at $79.99 SRP for the DVD ($89.99 in Canada) and $89.99 SRP for the Blu-ray ($99.99 in Canada), which includes a Digital Copy (the U.S. only).
However, if you already purchased the standalone home releases, the current collection doesn’t offer anything new except for the limited-time poster and different disc art.
The visual presentation is what you would expect from WBHE offerings, with everything appearing bright and crisp (1080p. Aspect Ratio of 1.78:1). I encountered no issues with the audio (English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD).
For those wondering about the details:
- Audio Commentaries: A must for fans! The fourteen episode commentaries are sure to amp up the enjoyment factor. Participants include Dan Harmon, Justin Roiland, Ryan Ridley, Ryan Elder, Ryan Ridley, Matt Groening, Robert Kirkman, and more. You’ll get to know about easter eggs, scrapped concepts, and so much more.
- Animatics: A rough animatic version of every episode.
- Behind The Scenes (approx. 19-mins): Includes actual behind-the-scenes footage and a lot of jokes.
- Deleted Scenes: Unused material presented in animatic form.
- Audio Commentaries: We have Dan Harmon, Justin Roiland, Ryan Ridley, Tom Kauffman, and more.
- Deleted Animatic Sketches (approx 2-mins): An unfinished scene about visiting the “Butthole Ice Cream Parlor”.
- Rick & Morty Season Two Premiere Party Featuring Chaos Chaos (approx. 43-mins): An entire concert from the second season’s premiere party.
- Audio Commentaries: We have Dan Harmon, Justin Roiland, Peter Dinklage, Courtney Love, and more.
- “Inside The Episodes” for Every Episode (approx. 2-mins each): Some tidbits for every episode.
- Inside The Recording Booth (approx. 6-mins): A look at the recording process.
- Rick & Morty Origins Part 1 (approx. 5-mins) & 2 (approx. 5-mins): A look at the development process involving the fictional characters and world.
- A Day At Rick and Morty – Inside Season 4 (approx. 9-mins): Interviews with the creative team.
- “Inside The Episode” for Every Episode (approx. 2-mins each): Tidbits from the creative team.
- Creating Snake Jazz (approx. 2:30-mins): Composer Ryan Elder shares the process of creating Snake Jazz.
- Directing Rick and Morty (approx. 3-mins): Features several directors from season four.
- Samurai and Shogun (approx. 5:30-mins): An action-filled animated short.
- Prop Process (approx. 3-mins): Lead Prop Designer Brent Noll discusses what goes into creating props for such an animated series.
- Character Creation (approx. 2:30-mins): Shares the character creation process, including deaths.
- Animation Challenges (approx. 2:30-mins): A look at how challenging it can be to deliver while working on a series that continues to grow in scope every season.
Here’s the 22 x 17-inch poster (edited due to website policy)!
The Rick & Morty Seasons 1 to 4 box set will be available to purchase on Blu-Ray (4 discs) and DVD (8 discs) on March 2, 2021.
You can enter the Digital Code giveaway below.
1. Details: The Rick and Morty Seasons 1 to 4 Digital Code giveaway begins on Tuesday, March 2 at 12:00:01 EST and ends on Tuesday, March 9 at 11:59:59 EST.
2. Eligibility: The giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. The Digital Code CAN ONLY be redeemed via Vudu or Movies Anywhere. You MUST be following The Geekiary Twitter account by the end of the contest. You must tweet from your personal Twitter; giveaway or contest accounts will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter the Giveaway: You MUST register your tweets and entries WITH THE RAFFLECOPTER on this page or your entries will be invalid. Following the prompts on the below Rafflecopter, there are two (2) total ways to enter and both are mandatory. Each item on the Rafflecopter gives one (1) entry in the contest. (1) MANDATORY: Follow @TheGeekiary Twitter account using your personal Twitter account, contest or giveaway accounts will not be counted as entries. (2) MANDATORY: Tweet BOTH the link to this post and the hashtag #GeekiaryRickandMortyGiveaway. (This can be done once per day.)
4. Winner Selection: On or around Wednesday, March 10th, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. We will make two (2) attempts to contact said winner via Twitter direct message or email. Potential winner must respond within two (2) business days of the initial notification, or an alternate potential winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary