Star Wars: The Last Jedi 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and Digital Get March Release Dates!
Walt Disney Studios and Lucasfilm will be releasing Star Wars: The Last Jedi digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD as well as via Movies Anywhere on March 13, 2018. You can also own the Star Wars: The Last Jedi 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray on March 27, 2018.
All of the bonus features that’ll be included in the upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi home release have me excited. There are going to be a total of 14 deleted scenes with optional audio commentary from director Rian Johnson.
The Star Wars: The Last Jedi 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray will also be Disney’s first title that’s available in “both Dolby Vision™ HDR and Dolby Atmos® immersive audio, delivering consumers a transformative viewing experience.”
The entire bonus feature list is below. However, digital bonus offering may vary by retailer.
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-world locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi will be packaged in different ways for a better in-home viewing experience. The Multiscreen Edition (formerly the Blu-ray Combo Pack) will include the Blu-ray, and a Digital copy. Those of you with 4K Ultra HD capability may opt for a 4K UHD Collector’s Edition, including 4K Ultra HD disc with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, Blu-ray disc, and a digital copy (where available).
Are you excited for the upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and Digital releases? Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary