Disney’s Ant-Man and The Wasp Comes Home on Digital and Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD This October
Fans of Scott Lang and Hope van Dyne will be able to enjoy Ant-Man and The Wasp when it becomes available Digitally in HD and 4k Ultra HD, and on Movies Anywhere on October 2, 2018. The Blu-ray and Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD physical home release will be on October 16, 2018.
The upcoming Ant-Man and The Wasp home release offers a lot of exclusive extras for fans to enjoy. The featurettes spotlight Paul Rudd’s return to the MCU as Scott Lang as well Evangeline Lilly debuting as The Wasp. The extras also offer a look at the visual development artists and effects, deleted scenes, bloopers, outtakes, and audio commentary by Ant-Man franchise director Peyton Reed.
Ant-Man and The Wasp home release is packaged in several formats so you can enjoy the latest MCU entry the way you want.
Viewers can instantly bring home the film two weeks early on Digital SD/HD/4K Ultra HD and receive access to two exclusive features — including a clever commercial promoting a close-up look at the online magic school that FBI agent Jimmy Woo references to learn his card tricks and a 10 years of Marvel Studios featurette profiling the artists of the MCU — or they can purchase a physical copy of the film as either a Cinematic Universe Edition (4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and Digital Code) or a Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray and Digital Code), granting the flexibility to watch the device of their choice.
The Bonus Material may vary by retailer:
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Director’s Intro by Peyton Reed – The talented creator behind some of Marvel Studios’ funniest and most charming films will invite home audiences deeper into the world of Ant-Man and The Wasp.
- Making-of Featurettes:
- Back in the Ant Suit: Scott Lang – Hero and all-star dad Scott Lang keeps the laughs coming for the audience, cast, and crew.
- A Suit of Her Own: The Wasp – Highly trained Hope Van Dyne is now the Wasp. See how some of her craziest stunts and action-packed scenes were brought to life.
- Subatomic Super Heroes: Hank & Janet – Hank Pym’s wife Janet was lost in the quantum realm. Trace the legacy of these characters and the iconic actors who portray them.
- Quantum Perspective: The VFX and Production Design of Ant-Man and The Wasp – Explore the movie’s visual effects and production design from a whole new viewpoint, in which every micro and macro detail counts.
- Gag Reel and Outtakes – Audiences are treated to the hilarious quips that did not make the film as well as exclusive outtakes from Stan Lee and Tim Heidecker.
- Gag Reel – Join in the fun with these outtakes from the set.
- Stan Lee Outtakes – Stan Lee tries out a series of hilarious one-liners for the scene in which his car shrinks.
- Tim Heidecker Outtakes – Check out Whale Boat Captain Daniel Goobler and his improvised whale-watching riffs.
- Deleted Scenes (with commentary by Director Peyton Reed)
- Worlds Upon Worlds – As Janet leads Hank through the surreal landscape of the quantum realm, they encounter an intelligent life form.
- Sonny’s on the Trail – On the hunt for Hank Pym and his lab, Sonny Burch and his henchmen check the security camera of a neighborhood bookstore.
- 10 Years of Marvel Studios: The Art of the Marvel Cinematic Universe – See what it takes to bring the MCU to life, and the role concept artists play in bringing Super Heroes from comic book to screen.
- Online Close-Up Magic University – This commercial will inspire you to expand your mind and maximize your full potential!
Here’s the official synopsis:
In “Ant-Man and The Wasp,” Scott Lang is grappling with the consequences of his choices, as both the Super Hero Ant-Man and a father, in the aftermath of “Captain America: Civil War.” As he struggles to rebalance his home life with his responsibilities as Ant-Man, he’s confronted by Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym with an urgent new mission to rescue Janet van Dyne from the Quantum Realm. Scott must once again put on the suit and learn to fight alongside The Wasp, all while attempting to serve house arrest, assist fast talking-Luis (Michael Peña) and the X-con Security crew, and thwart the efforts of a new adversary called Ghost (Hannah John-Kamen) and her ally Bill Foster (Laurence Fishburne).
“Ant-Man and The Wasp” returns director Peyton Reed to the franchise and stars Paul Rudd (“Captain America: Civil War,” “Knocked Up”), Evangeline Lilly (“The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies,” “Lost”), Michael Peña (“The Martian,” “Fury”), Walton Goggins (“Vice Principals,” “Six”), Bobby Cannavale (“Vinyl,” “Chef”), Judy Greer (“War for the Planet of the Apes,” “Wilson”), Tip “T.I.” Harris (“Sleepless,” “Get Hard”), David Dastmalchian (“Twin Peaks,” “The Belko Experiment”), Hannah John-Kamen (“Black Mirror,” “Ready Player One”), Abby Ryder Fortson (“Togetherness,” “Transparent”), Randall Park (“Veep,” “Fresh Off the Boat”), with Academy Award® nominee Michelle Pfeiffer (1993 best actress in a leading role nominee for “Love Field”), Academy Award nominee Laurence Fishburne (1994 best actor in a leading role nominee for “What’s Love Got to Do with It”) and Academy Award winner Michael Douglas (1988 best actor in a leading role winner for “Wall Street”).
Kevin Feige and Stephen Broussard produced the MCU film with Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Charles Newirth and Stan Lee serving as executive producers. Chris McKenna, Erik Sommers, Paul Rudd, Andrew Barrer, and Gabriel Ferrari wrote the screenplay.
Disc Specifications (applies to film content only)!
- Feature Run Time: Approximately 118 minutes
- Rating: PG-13
- Aspect Ratio: 2.39
As of now, Ant-Man and The Wasp has grossed more than 610 million at the global box office.
Do read our review of Ant-Man and The Wasp.
Feel free to share your thoughts about the MCU with us!
Farid has a Masters in Psychology and an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Arousing the Legacy, Missing in Somerville, The Game Master of Somerville, and The Escaped Murderer of Somerville. He gives us insight on comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.