Victorian Post-Punk Game ‘Sand is the Soul’ Coming to Steam Early Access This November
MGP Studios and publisher Fat Dog Games have announced Sand is the Soul will be coming to Steam Early Access on November 15, 2018. Sand is the Soul is a 2D side-scrolling action RPG with a non-linear narrative providing players with “an experience of deep choice and consequences in an unforgiving” gothic Victorian fantasy world.
Sand is the Soul is inspired by Fighting Fantasy, Double Dragon, and Bloodborne. The entire indie game has been developed by one-man studio MGP Studios. You can go ahead and wishlist the title on Steam.
Here’s the official description:
Sand is the Soul has been created to provide a challenging combat experience combined with the gameplay of a 2D beat-em-up. This combination alongside the game’s RPG mechanics and exploration creates engaging gameplay experiences with an atmospheric backdrop.
During this game, players will be placed in the role of a diplomatic messenger/courier with an opening mission of delivering a vital document to authorities of the bordering town known as Crosshill. Players can choose to accomplish the mission or not. You have the ability to pave your own way with the game’s “morality and sanity” systems.
The features include:
- Gloomy post-punk Victorian setting.
- Challenging skill-driven combat system.
- Total control over your story — Follow or abandon missions, choose to fight or be diplomatic.
- Unique morality system where even the most mundane choices have real consequences.
- Branching storyline with 30 possible outcomes.
- Multiple paths and solutions create abundant possibilities every playthrough.
- A New Game Plus Mode that allows players to carry over stats, weapons, and other items into an even more challenging world which reflects your prior experiences.
- Dynamic soundtrack that changes as you play.
Talking about MGP Studios, it was founded in 2014 and is located in Poland. MGP is best-known for the adventure RPG Sinless.
As for Fat Dog Games, it is a Polish publisher “dedicated to bringing the highest quality games to players and streamlining the publishing process for indie developers, giving them the opportunity and resources to focus full time on the development of their projects.” Do visit the official website.
Feel free to share your thoughts about Sand is the Soul with us.
Farid has a Masters in Psychology and an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Arousing the Legacy, Missing in Somerville, The Game Master of Somerville, and The Escaped Murderer of Somerville. He gives us insight on comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.