WarnerMedia Kids & Family have announced the voice cast for the upcoming Warner Bros. Animation series Batwheels. The cast is led by Ethan Hawke (The Good Lord Bird) as Batman and Jacob Bertrand (Cobra Kai) as Bam the Batmobile. The show is aimed at preschoolers.
Batwheels, as the name suggests, is an animated action-adventure comedy series that features vehicles belonging to iconic heroes from the DC Universe. The announcement was made by Bertrand during a special virtual event celebrating the launch of Cartoonito, WarnerMedia Kids & Family’s new preschool programming block available on HBO Max and Cartoon Network.
Bertrand was also joined by Batwheels castmate AJ Hudson (The Good Place) who voices the character of Duke Thomas. Batwheels will represent the first on-screen animated portrayal of Duke Thomas.
The main characters and voice cast includes:
The Batwheels Team
- Jacob Bertrand (Cobra Kai) as Bam – The Batmobile and leader of the Batwheels team. Like his hero Batman, Bam is said to have a strong sense of justice and tries his best to lead the team, even if he’s a bit unsure.
- Jordan Reed (Chuggington) as Redbird – Robin’s zippy sports car. “Red” has been described as the kid brother of the team. He’s always eager to prove himself a worthy sidekick to Bam. However, he can handle things on his own too. Similar to a kid detective, he’s curious by nature and asks a lot of questions.
- Madigan Kacmar (Chuggington) as Bibi – Batgirl’s brave and bold motorcycle. Being the fastest and the smallest, she can be a bit impulsive and jump into action without a proper plan.
- Noah Bentley (Elliott from Earth) as Buff – This Bat-styled monster truck serves as the team’s muscle. In contrast to his exterior, he has a gentle heart and doesn’t realize his true strength.
- Lilimar (Cleopatra in Space) as Batwing – Batman’s supersonic jet plane, “Wing” has been described as the most sophisticated, and confident member of the team.
- Kimberly D. Brooks (DC Super Hero Girls) as The Batcomputer – She is the supervisor, dispatcher, and trainer of the team. She also serves as the mother figure.
- Mick Wingert (What If?) as Moe – Batman’s robot repairman who facilitates repairs and upkeep on his fleet of vehicles. He’s sarcastic, but well-equipped to repair almost anything.
The Bat-Family (additional cast and characters will be announced at a later time)
- Ethan Hawke (The Good Lord Bird) as Batman – Even though Batman doesn’t communicate directly with the Batwheels, he acts as a father figure. The Batwheels seek his approval and trust him.
- AJ Hudson (The Good Place) as Duke Thomas/Robin – He likes mysteries and wants to prove himself to Batman.
- Leah Lewis (Nancy Drew) as Cassandra Cain/Batgirl – Cassandra is the “big sister”, tech-savvy daredevil of the Bat-Family.
The official description reads:
They are a team of incredible crimefighters who have banded together to oppose evil, combat crime and clean up the streets of Gotham City. They are…okay, they’re NOT Batman and Robin. They’re the Batwheels – an awesome group of sentient super-powered crime-fighting vehicles defending Gotham City alongside Batman, Robin, Batgirl and a host of DC Super Heroes.
Having just been created by the Batcomputer, our heroes are essentially kids with little to no life experience. Led by Bam (The Batmobile), the Batwheels – Bibi (The Batgirl Cycle), Redbird (Robin’s Sports Car), The Batwing and Buff (The Bat Truck) – must navigate the growing pains of being a newly formed super team as well as the growing pains that come with just being a kid. This relatable and aspirational series will follow the journey of this dynamic team as they thrill and entertain with their heroic adventures as well as demonstrate to kids the value of self-confidence, friendship and teamwork.
Batwheels is produced by Warner Bros. Animation. Sam Register (Looney Tunes Cartoons) serves as executive producer. Michael G. Stern (Doc McStuffins) serves as co-executive producer, Simon J. Smith (Baymax Dreams) is supervising producer and Steven Fink of Bang Zoom Ltd. is credited as a producer.
In my opinion, the animation in the promo images looks great. I love the purple in Batman’s cape. Also, yes, to Cass and Duke getting to be under the spotlight. With how popular cars are for a younger demo, here’s to hoping Batwheels helps make the newer generation become lifelong fans of the Batman franchise.
Also, the toys!!! I can’t wait to see all of the cool Batwheels toys!!!
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
(via press release)
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary