Breaking Down The Avengers: Infinity War Trailer 2! Cap Is In Trouble!
Marvel has released the second Avengers: Infinity War trailer, and it has a lot of awesome footage to keep fans talking until the (nearly here) April 27, 2018, release date. The tone of the movie is grim. So, of course, fans are wondering if Captain America or Iron Man will die. Let’s break the trailer down!
I’m not a very big MCU fan. However, I do keep up with everything that goes on. One of the reasons I’m looking forward to Avengers: Infinity War is because I want to see if Thanos’ attack will affect the superheroes in any manner. The MCU has been building up Thanos for years now, and I hope to see some deaths or at least one significant death.
Now, don’t come after me just yet. It’s a comic book movie. So, death is temporary. However, storytelling-wise, I need sacrifices to be made in the upcoming battle. Also, it’s not my fault the second Avengers: Infinity War trailer shows Captain America/Nomad, Iron Man, and Thor in danger.
Here’s my breakdown!
My thoughts about the trailer, in no particular order:
- I have no idea why the trailer opened with a weird revolving shot. Whose POV are we being shown? Is that scene actually going to be in the film or has it been added to make the trailer look cool?
- Did Black Widow change her hair color to hide her identity? It doesn’t seem to be working. She just looks like Natasha with blond hair.
- Giving Thanos CG arm hair is a nice detail.
- The shot of Peter Parker swinging under the bridge and water drops hitting the camera lens is so cool.
- Iron Man turns into a very fast flying chess piece!
- Look at Shuri trying to help Vision because she’s a genius!
- I’m still unable to care about the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Tony Stark’s suit when Star-Lord is talking to him looks very leathery instead of looking like it’s made of metal or some similar substance.
- Peter’s new suit is very cool.
- Why didn’t Bucky’s hair move in the wind when Natasha’s did? The injustice!
- So, Gamora is going to get an origin story?
- Loki is just… sigh!
- The Black Order looks cool. But still, too much CG in the film for me.
- How are the Wakandans going to fight Thanos’ alien four-armed minions when even the Hulkbuster gets taken down so easily?
- Look at Cap trying to hold back Thanos’ hand! Look at Cap’s eyes change color (I’m not sure if it’s just me who sees it)! Is the Soul Stone inside Cap? Is he using the Mind Stone’s power?
Feel free to share your thoughts about the second Avengers: Infinity War trailer with us!
Farid has a Masters in Psychology and an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Arousing the Legacy, Missing in Somerville, The Game Master of Somerville, and The Escaped Murderer of Somerville. He gives us insight on comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.