“Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” Gets February Digital & March Home Video Release!
Fans of the highly-enjoyable Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse will be able to own the animated movie on Digital come February 26, 2019, and on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, and DVD on March 19, 2019!
Released in US theatres on December 14, 2019, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse was quickly described as one of the best comic book movies ever made. After winning the Best Animated Feature Film categories at this year’s Golden Globes and Critic’s Choice ceremonies, it is also the favorite to win the Academy Award (Best Animated Feature Film) on February 24, 2019.
From Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the upcoming home release will feature more than 90 minutes of special features (courtesy of Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Sony Pictures Animation).
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse introduces Brooklyn teen Miles Morales, and the limitless possibilities of the Spider-Verse, where more than one can wear the iconic mask.
“One of the most rewarding experiences in recent months has been to hear that children are telling their parents that they see themselves in Miles, or that they want to grow up to be like Spider-Gwen, anyone can be a hero. That’s why we made this film, and we hope that feeling of empowerment is something that both audiences young and old can take away,” say Directors Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, and Rodney Rothman.
The voice cast includes Shameik Moore as Miles Morales alongside Jake Johnson as Peter B. Parker, Hailee Steinfeld as Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen, Mahershala Ali as Miles’ Uncle Aaron, Brian Tyree Henry as Jefferson Davis, Lily Tomlin as Aunt May, Luna Lauren Velez as Rio Morales, Zoë Kravitz as Mary Jane, John Mulaney as Spider-Ham, with Nicholas Cage as Spider-Man Noir, Kathryn Hahn as Doc Ock and Liev Schreiber as the villain Kingpin.
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse has been directed by Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey and Rodney Rothman, and screenplay by Phil Lord and Rodney Rothman from a story by Lord. The film has been produced by Avi Arad, Amy Pascal, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, and Christina Steinberg. The executive producers are the late Stan Lee, Brian Michael Bendis, and Will Allegra.
The Bonus Features include:
- We Are Spider-Man: Exploring and celebrating one of the key themes of the film, ‘We Are Spider-Man’ takes a deep dive into the diversity of the characters and aspirational core that any person from any gender or cultural background can wear the mask.
- Spider-Verse: A New Dimension: With a stunning visual style and state of the art animation designed to take the viewer into the pages of a comic, Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse is not only a love letter to comic books but a groundbreaking take on the superhero genre. Hear from the artists and filmmakers who pushed the boundaries of the art form as they discuss their journey.
- The Ultimate Comics Cast: Enjoy this showcase of all of the fan favorite characters featured in the Spider-Verse and the spectacular cast who were chosen to bring them to life.
- A Tribute to Stan Lee & Steve Ditko: Celebrate the amazing legacy and powerful spirit of the creators of Spider-Man.
- The Spider-Verse Super-Fan Easter Egg Challenge: The Spider-Verse is loaded with Easter Eggs, from cameos to comics references. Fans are challenged to find them all!
- Designing Cinematic Comics Characters: A breakdown of all aspects of the character design including costume, movement in animation, and distinct powers for each character.
- Heroes & Hams: Meet the amazing Spider-people of the Spider-Verse.
- Scorpions and Scoundrels: Explore the classic villains who wreak havoc on the Spider-Verse.
- Alternate Universe Mode: In this all-new viewing experience, discover alternate scenes, plotlines, characters, and more with the filmmakers as your guide.
- 2 Lyric Videos
- “Sunflower” by Post Malone and Swae Lee
- “Familia” by Nicki Minaj & Anuel AA (feat. Bantu)
- All-New Original Short “Spider-Ham: Caught In a Ham” It’s another normal day for Peter Porker, a.k.a. the Spectacular Spider-Ham, fighting bad guys and loving hot dogs, until a mysterious portal starts messing with the very fabric of his cartoon reality.
The 4K Ultra HD Disc Includes:
- Feature film presented with High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound.
- Also includes the film and special features on the included high-def Blu-ray.
This animated offering has a run time of approximately 117 minutes and is rated PG for frenetic sequences of animated action violence, thematic elements, and mild language.
It has grossed more than $350 million at the worldwide box office.
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary
1 thought on ““Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” Gets February Digital & March Home Video Release!”
Comments are closed.