Playdius, a global independent games publisher, has announced that Dead in Vinland will be launching on PC and Mac via Steam on April 12, 2018. If you’re into TV shows like Vikings, you should consider checking this game out!
Dead in Vinland is developed by French studio CCCP. The upcoming game is set in the same universe as CCCP’s “first breakout hit” Dead in Bermuda. According to the CCCP, Dead in Vinland “pulls from many genres with survival management systems, RPG, and adventure elements, with a focus on player choice.”
Here’s the official synopsis:
Exiled on a faraway, unknown land, lead Eirik and his family on their quest to survive. Manage their physical and mental health, explore the island, organize your camp and deal with other human beings – friends or foes. Discover some of the esoteric mysteries in Vinland – mysteries that could save your life…or lead you to your own demise.
Check out the gameplay trailer!
The Key Features of the game include:
- Deep survival management simulation: Managing the physical and mental health of your team, ration food, and choosing daily activities.
- Challenging and turn-based: Randomized elements make it so there’s no perfect strategy. Take your time and adapt to the situation to make the best decisions!
- Build your community of up to 14 playable characters: Meaningful choices will alter the relationships in your team and the story. Expect romances, hatred, and betrayals!
- Evolve your camp: Crafting more than 150 upgrades to help you settle on this cursed island.
- Fight the elements: Facing terrible storms and droughts. Manage your potable water stocks wisely!
- An island to explore: Featuring over 150 map areas, discover the secrets of the island in a non-linear story. And maybe… other survivors?
- Full RPG system: Usable objects, skills to upgrade, characters to level-up, character traits.
- A tactical turn-based combat system
You can get to know more about CCCP by visiting the official website.
Let us know your thoughts about Dead in Vinland!
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary