If you’re interested in spending time relaxing by controlling a fictional bird, you should keep an eye out for Feather. Releasing on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on September 30, 2020, it’s described as a zen-like bird simulator.
Considering what everyone is going through right now, getting to experience what Feather can offer does sound very interesting to me. From Australian dev Samurai Punk, this indie title allows you to take flight by controlling a virtual bird. You will make your way through beautifully designed environments. There are no enemies, objectives, or combat. It’s all about relaxation.
Here’s the trailer!
The passive online multiplayer feature allows everyone to enjoy flights together. The Explorer Update has added a number of new features and improvements to this game such as:
- The game is now fully cross-play – meaning that players will encounter birds (i.e., other players) from all supported platforms.
- A brand new area has been added – hidden deep within the islands.
- 6 new songs and 4 new birds to discover.
- New weather conditions! Some days can get pretty windy …
- Improved detail.
- Steam: Now with Mac support!
- New renderer is now able to spawn significantly more undergrowth.
- More objects in the world can be perched upon.
The official description reads:
Lose yourself in flight surrounded by nature and friendly creatures to the beat of a soothing ambient soundtrack. Fly free, explore, and make connections along your journey. Swoop, glide, and backflip your way around mysterious locations to uncover hidden paths that only birds can follow. There’s no right or wrong, no demands, no bosses – only you, the wind, and the sky!
The Key Features include:
- Experiencing the world from a bird’s-eye view with fluid and responsive controls.
- Exploring a vast island with a dynamic weather system and day/night cycles.
- Playing with friends in a seamless online multiplayer.
- Flying peacefully without enemies, combat, or threats.
- Enjoying a relaxing ambient soundtrack and sound effects by Mitchell Pasmans.
- Finding 9 unique songs hidden around the island.
- Controling your bird with gamepads or keyboard and mouse.
Feather will be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on Wednesday, September 30, 2020, for $7.99 (a 20% discount). On October 7, 2020, the game will return to its original retail price of $9.99.
As for the developer, founded by Nicholas McDonnell and Winston Tang in 2014, Samurai Punk described itself as “a Melbourne-based independent game developer that creates games with love and care.”
Are you interested in experiencing Feather? Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary