Indonesian developers Toge Productions and Mojiken have announced the release of the indie title When the Past was Around. You can get it right now from Steam.
When the Past was Around has been described as “a whimsical point-and-click puzzle game about love and letting go.” It’s currently available on Steam for $7.99/£5.79/€6.59 with an extra launch discount of 10%.
Console players will be able to play this indie game when it hits Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox later in November of this year.
The description from the press release reads:
The game offers a silent yet profound narrative experience. Designed to wrench your heart, When the Past was Around involves gathering clues and solving puzzles to unravel secrets buried deep within one’s memory. Euphonious, heartwarming music will accompany your journey in exploring the world of an aspiring violinist named Eda and her lover.
The Key Features are:
- A picture speaks a thousand words – Experience the game’s story not through words nor dialogues, but through beautifully hand-drawn art created by talented Indonesian artist, Brigitta Rena.
- A short, sweet, and whimsical journey – Explore a bittersweet tale between a girl and her lover in a surreal world consisting of disjointed rooms of memories and time.
- Personal and ubiquitous – A game about overcoming the past and finding the self.
- Solve brain-teasing puzzles – Various intriguing puzzles to solve and stories to uncover.
- Let the music guide you – Atmospheric violin music will accompany you from the peaceful days to the angstiest moments.
As for the developer, Toge Productions is an independent game development and publishing studio based in Karawaci, Indonesia. It was established in early 2009 by two people with a common passion for games. According to the press release, “what started as a student team project, the studio strives to create games that tell stories from underrepresented communities.”
Mojiken Studio is an indie game studio based in Surabaya, Indonesia. Games hailing from this studio, among others, are A Raven Monologue, She & The Light Bearer, and A Space For The Unbound.
Will you be playing this game?
Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary