“Drums of War” Lets You Use Music to Kill Magical Creatures! Releasing This October!
Drums of War is ready to turn you into an orc that kills whimsical magical creatures with music. I mean, I’m here for it!
The upcoming VR music rhythm indie game is heading to SteamVR and Oculus Rift-compatible headsets next Tuesday on October 1, 2019.
According to the press release, you can:
Hit the drums to the beat of the music to walk. Go “offbeat” … and your orc will veer off to one side! You can also bang on the side drums to turn – allowing for full 360 degrees of movement.
Your drums are also a powerful arsenal. The two center drums fire off deadly cannonballs, and you can also use the stick to throw fireballs. Are you ready to take the fight to the dwarves, destroy their villages, and reclaim the right to once again call yourself the King of the Mountain?
Drums of War was created by 20-year game industry veteran Alan Flores. He was the lead designer on Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock, Guitar Hero Metallica, Band Hero, Tony Hawk’s Project 8, Tony Hawk’s Underground 2, Sports Champions 2, and many more.
The game features an “amazing” original score by Gabe Castro, composer of the “indie hit” The Forest and a featured musician in Blasters of the Universe, HBO’s Vice Principals, and Portlandia.
The Key Features include:
- Enjoy full 360 degrees of freedom in both movement and combat.
- Experience visceral music rhythm gameplay in VR!
- Fight off hordes of fantasy creatures – including pesky dwarves, chalky skeletons, sexy succubi, and much more.
- Purchase drum skins from the shop for stat upgrades!
- Rampage through 15 story levels and an unending supply of dwarves.
- Bonus modes offer:
- Wardrum Hero: A high score combat challenge where you slay an endless horde of dwarves (inspired by Guitar Hero).
- Jukebox: Bang the drums to the music and enjoy the scenery.
- Two randomized dungeons!
- Headbang-worthy metal soundtrack:
- Original tracks from Gabe Castro, composer of the indie mega-hit The Forest.
- Licensed tracks from metal giants Warbringer and Exmortus.
You can visit the game’s official website for more information.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.