“Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection” Releasing This December!
HBO Home Entertainment has announced the release for Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection, as a Premium Blu-ray Set, come December 3, 2019. The wooden shadow box looks gorgeous.
The upcoming home release of all the eight seasons of GoT (as a limited-edition Blu-ray set) will include exclusive features for fans to enjoy.
One of the best things about this offering is the visually stunning wooden shadow box case which boasts “beautiful, multi-layered panel designs by Robert Ball (the artist behind the Beautiful Death series) that summarize the Game of Thrones story. Each season is represented by a different layer, showcasing iconic characters and memorable moments from the show, all clambering toward the Iron Throne.”
Furthermore, the set also contains a “Hand of the King” pin clasp, which holds all nine custom plated disc sleeves.
HBO will also release Game of Thrones: Season 8 in a “stunning” 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Steelbook, and the single season DVD and Blu-ray. Additionally, GoT: The Complete Series will be available on DVD and Blu-ray without the collectible packaging. These sets will also be up for purchase on December 3, 2019.
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection and Game of Thrones: The Complete Series on Blu-ray Bonus Features Include:
- Game of Thrones: Reunion Special: A reunion show shot live in Belfast with the cast, both past, and present, hosted by Conan O’Brien and available exclusively on these complete series collections. The reunion special is assembled in segments focused on Houses Lannister, Stark, & Targaryen and concludes with the key players all onstage for their final reflections on the years they shared in Westeros and Essos.
- Bonus content and retail exclusive videos from previously released individual season box sets, totaling more than 15 hours of extra materials for fans to explore when they’ve finished watching the series.
Complete Series and Season 8 formats also exclusively feature:
- Game of Thrones: The Last Watch: A documentary featured on DVD in two parts by filmmaker Jeanie Finlay chronicling the making of the final season.
- When Winter Falls: An exclusive 30-minute featurette with showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, along with major stars and behind-the-scenes players, breaking down all that went into the colossal filming of the “Battle of Winterfell” in Season 8, Episode 3.
- Duty is the Death of Love: A compelling look at how the team behind Game of Thrones and its major stars, including Kit Harington, Peter Dinklage, and Emilia Clarke, brought the show to its conclusion in the series finale, “The Iron Throne.”
- Audio Commentaries: A collection of 10 Audio Commentaries with cast and crew, including the show’s creators, Benioff and Weiss, on the final season.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes: A total of 5 never-before-seen deleted or extended scenes from season 8.
- Histories and Lore: New animated pieces giving the history and background of notable season 8 locations and storylines.
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary