“Justice League Dark: Apokolips War” Gets Home Release This May!
Get ready for a major DC Comics animated event releasing this May with Justice League Dark: Apokolips War. The upcoming Warner Bros. Animation and DC production will be available on Digital come May 5, 2020. You can buy it on 4K UHD Combo Pack and Blu-ray Combo Pack on May 19, 2020.
Courtesy of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Justice League Dark: Apokolips War will be accompanied by the all-new DC Showcase animated short, Adam Strange. The short has been described as “The thrilling tale, which offers insight into the space adventurer’s fascinating backstory, features Charlie Weber (How To Get Away with Murder) as the voice of title character.”
You can purchase Justice League Dark: Apokolips War on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack for USA $39.99 SRP (Canada $44.98 SRP) and Blu-ray Combo Pack for USA $24.98 SRP (Canada $29.98 SRP).
The official description reads:
Culminating a six-year animated journey that began with the release of Justice League War in 2014, Justice League Dark: Apokolips War finds Earth decimated after intergalactic tyrant Darkseid has devastated the Justice League in a poorly executed war by the DC Super Heroes. Now the remaining bastions of good – the Justice League, Teen Titans, Suicide Squad and assorted others – must regroup, strategize and take the war to Darkseid in order to save the planet and its surviving inhabitants. This is truly the war to end all wars, and only the victor will live to enjoy the spoils.
Justice League Dark: Apokolips War features the largest Super Hero cast in the history of DC Universe Movies with dozens of actors/characters spotlighted in a grand ensemble of talent reprising their roles from this six-year story continuum. Matt Ryan (Legends of Tomorrow, Constantine), Jerry O’Connell (Carter, Bravo’s Play by Play, Stand by Me) and Taissa Farmiga (The Nun, The Mule, American Horror Story) anchor the cast as Constantine, Superman and Raven, respectively – the triumvirate determined to assemble the forces necessary to lead humanity’s final attack. Alongside that trio are the long-running core of Justice League voices — Jason O’Mara (The Man in the High Castle, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) as Batman, Rosario Dawson (Briar Patch, Daredevil, Sin City) as Wonder Woman, Shemar Moore (S.W.A.T., Criminal Minds) as Cyborg and Christopher Gorham (Covert Affairs, Insatiable, Ugly Betty) as The Flash – as well as JL-adjacents Rebecca Romijn (X-Men, The Librarians) and Rainn Wilson (The Office, The Meg) as the voices of Lois Lane and Lex Luthor, respectively.
Tony Todd (Candyman) is the voice of the film’s key villain, Darkseid. The cast also boasts appearances by Camilla Luddington (Grey’s Anatomy) as Zatanna, Ray Chase (Justice League Dark, Final Fantasy XV videogame) as Jason Blood/Etrigan, Roger R. Cross (24, The Strain, Arrow) as John Stewart & Swamp Thing, Liam McIntyre (Spartacus: War of the Damned, The Flash) as Captain Boomerang, Hynden Walch (Teen Titans Go! Vs. Teen Titans) as Harley Quinn, Stuart Allan (Batman vs. Robin, Batman: Bad Blood) as Robin/Damian, Sachie Alessio (Batman: Hush) as Lady Shiva, and John DiMaggio (Futurama, Batman: Under the Red Hood) as King Shark.
This really is a major DC Comics animated event and I am so here for it!
Directors Matt Peters (LEGO DC: Batman – Family Matters) and Christina Sotta (Young Justice) helm Justice League Dark: Apokolips War from a script by Ernie Altbacker (Batman: Hush, Justice League Dark) and Mairghread Scott (Wonder Woman: Bloodlines), who is also credited with creating the story.
Amy McKenna (The Death of Superman) is the producer, and Jim Krieg (Batman: Gotham by Gaslight) is the co-producer. Executive Producers are Sam Register and James Tucker (Reign of the Supermen, Justice League Dark).
From what I could tell from the trailer, while I’m excited Raven (one of my favorite comic book characters) is in this movie, I wouldn’t be surprised if she will spend most of her time staying knocked out and only waking up to perform or help with the final attack. It’s just how certain OP characters are treated in team-led stories.
“Justice League Dark: Apokolips War is an epic story of supernatural proportions. A blockbuster, battle royale of a film filled with intense action and heartfelt emotions, serving up spotlight moments for our cast of unique characters,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Senior Vice President, Originals, Animation and Family Marketing. “This incredible thrill-ride takes us to the edge of the DC universe and sets the stage for an exciting new chapter.”
Justice League Dark: Apokolips War Special Features Include:
- 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, and Digital
- DC Showcase: Adam Strange (Animated Short) – On an asteroid mining colony, mysterious drifter Adam Strange is dismissed as an interplanetary derelict. But when the miners open a fissure into the home of a horde of deadly alien insects, his true identity is exposed. He is space adventurer Adam Strange, whose heroic backstory is played out in flashbacks as he struggles to save the very people who have scorned him for so long. Charlie Weber provides the voice of Adam Strange, alongside with Roger R. Cross, Kimberly Brooks, Ray Chase, and Fred Tatasciore. Adam Strange is produced and directed by Butch Lukic (Batman Unlimited franchise), who also conceived the original story – which is written by J.M. DeMatteis (Constantine: City of Demons).
- Darkseid: New God/Evil Classic (New Featurette) – This documentary explores the machinations of one of fiction’s greatest Super-Villains as we learn more about what fuels Darkseid’s drive to becoming a galactic Atilla the Hun and the importance of Deities in our classic and modern fiction.
- Filmmaker Audio Commentary – Observations and behind-the-scenes insight from Executive Producer James Tucker, Directors Matt Peters and Christina Sotta, and Screenwriter Ernie Altbacker.
- Look Back: Justice League Dark (Featurette) – John Constantine leads a group of misfit characters that use magic to vanquish their opponents. This is the dark version of the Justice League taking on the malevolent forces that go beyond our plane of existence.
- Look Back: Batman and Harley Quinn (Featurette) – Take a peek at the animated feature film, Batman and Harley Quinn, featuring the creators and talented voice cast.
- From the DC Vault: Justice League Action, “Zombie King”
- From the DC Vault: Justice League Action, “Abate and Switch”
- From the DC Comics Vault: Teen Titans, “Nevermore”
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Superman: Man of Tomorrow – An advanced look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
The approximate running time is 90 minutes. The film has been rated R for bloody violence, language, and some sexual references.
Will you be picking up a copy of Justice League Dark: Apokolips War?
Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary
1 thought on ““Justice League Dark: Apokolips War” Gets Home Release This May!”
Comments are closed.